Observe.

Alas, we found a break in the case.

A week has gone by since I got attacked and finally, we've managed to find a lead suspect.

After telling the team exactly what I experienced during the attack and that I smelt a strong sent of cigarette in one of the guys, we were able to find one of the dummies who helped our suspect into attacking me.

We also found my gun not long after, being used during a bank robbery. The idiot forgot to remove the cashier away from the emergency panic button.

And to scratch out the serial number on my weapon. Idiot.

He also admitted into attacking me and once he saw me in the interrogation room, he was very quick to apologize.

We found our last suspect, while Adam went undercover to do a drug bust for another case with him.

It was utter coincidence, by the way.

Neither of them wanted to flip our main suspect, but that quickly changed when we started using them against each other. Pretending that the one is flipping the others off and quickly the truth came out.

Frederick Douglass.
54 years old. Single, after being divorced by his former wife who also took full custody of both their children, because he was too narcissistic.

"Do we have any idea where he could've gone?" Sergeant Voight asks as we all huddle in the living room of the suspect's house.

"Patrol just announced that his mother's house is clear," Ruzek says, entering the room after having to make a call. "He's in the wind, sir."

"Alright," Voight nods. "Let's start with stripping this house down. I want this house torn apart, no corner and turn goes unseen. I want to know what he's been up to in the last 24 hours at least. Junior, where we at with the hoax?"

I sigh, running a hand through my hair, "Nowhere so far, Sir. I've been walking streets this last couple of days that I can remember it in my sleep, but I'll try to think of something that can trigger him."

Since I am the next target, as we suspect, we've managed to come to a conclusion that if all else fails, we'll throw me out as bait. Get him to kidnap me somehow and then pick him up and bury him.

But that plan is going so far south, I don't even know where north is anymore.

I tried analysing his past victims, to see how long he waits after an attack, before picking them up, but the times are all too inconsistent.

I'm basically running around in scary streets, blind, not knowing why anymore.

"Alright, keep working ways," he nods at me. "Let's start with this house, meet me in the bullpen within sunrise. Atwater, Burgess, head back to the district, see if we can catch him on cameras or something. I'll let the citywide know we're putting a BOLO out on him."

We all nod, before he dismisses us and we all get started at working the house.

Floor boards are torn apart, cabinets are thrown out. Every single drawer is searched through and Adam climbs into the ceiling to check that it's also clear.

I'm in the master bedroom, taking charge of the search in here, when I find something abnormal underneath the bed.

Being the person closest to me, I call out, "Halstead! Come check here."

He rounds a corner, before walking through the threshold of the bedroom to see me sprawled on my stomach just beside the bed.

"What's up?" He asks.