Chapter 2

Mike walked back into the pizzeria, the sun bursting through the windows. As an employee, he had been told he could share free pizza with the others on the day shift. He'd called everyone to discuss the animatronics and possibly question the relation between them and William Afton.

   Not as many employees showed up in their break as he'd expected. But these people also had experience, some of them as night guards, so anything they may be able to tell him would be useful.

   "Gee thanks for using your free pizza pass on us Mike!" A young man who had always been on day shift and had enjoyed the pizza very much looked up from his empty plate.

   The woman opposite handed him a cloth before asking, "How was your first night shift?"

   "Actually that's what I'm here to discuss." Mike grabbed everyone's attention with his slightly concerned voice. "Mostly for those who took the night job themselves, I have questions. Did the animatronics ever seem like they have a mind of their own? Do they  act odd during the day?"

   "They freaking you out already huh?" The young man laughed, "most can at least last until night 3. You'll break the record as the fastest resigning by far!"

   "I'm still keeping my bets on four nights," the woman continued, "any real or fake scares the night guards have are not seen in the day. The police recently determined them to be hallucinations. If you're wondering what they saw, ask Tom. He's the one guard to get out of trouble with asylums." She pointed to the employee with a cap over his face.

   Tom looked up with a scarred expression. His eyes widened as he began to explain, "The phone guy warns you, unless you denied or muted the call... They're out to kill! Searching for a man who's name hasn't been heard in years, for good reason! They mentioned him every night, till they decided to come into the office, the golden one. They were about to end me... But they cannot be offstage after 6 am."

   Mike's mouth shaped into a grin as he stood up in triumph, "that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Ok, now question for all of you, what does William Afton have to do with this place?!"

   There was an awkward silence, the three looked at each other uncertainly.

   The young pizza devourer squeaked out, "You dunno what happened? What's your relation to the man?"

   "Firstly, he's the one they questioned me about! Secondly, you missed a lot of bad news in the papers."

   "Tom, you aren't allowed to encourage others in their ideas. We don't need more excuses for another daytime assistant. Anyway as you've forgotten who he is, he's a suspected of being involved in the missing children situation a long while ago." Mike didn't dare correct her from his experience.

   He gave himself a minute to think it over while the others debated other situations. "Why didn't he tell me anything..." He pondered out loud. When he finally looked up, they were all staring at him. "I said that publicly didn't I?"

   "You know the Psycho?!" The younger employee's smile stretched across his face. "You know him in person? Like, how freaky is he? Why don't you already know all this about him?"

   "Yeah!" The lady to his left blurted out, "Why come to us?"

   Tom answered as if it was obvious, "He wants to see what we know to make sure he's not hallucinating, which he's not..."

   "Tom!"

   "Watch those lights, kid. They like to make it harder as the week goes on."

   "TOM!"

   "From what I've heard, they only let you live for five shifts. So conserve power, you never know what they'll do next. But do one thing for me! Find who's behind this. Stop them before they decide it's the childrens' turn."

   The staff room was silent for the last few seconds. Mike had certainly heard enough. Any more information would come from the suspect. But they hadn't communicated in years, so his last source of information would be the...

   "Thanks for joining me. I should head off to prepare for tonight."

   ... The robots...

-an hour before closing time with Y/N-

   "Y/N this be hopeless!" A strong, irritable pirate accent sounded in parts and service. He was sitting in front of a stressed and tired teenager who could only stare at the red robot.

   "Fritz, it's not that hard! Just imagine you have a tongue again that's how every human talks, without that skill they couldn't program you to talk! If that makes sense... You're making me lose my mind a bit."

   He narrowed his electronic eyes. "Y/N, though I enjoy them references to when we all be livin', I, along with few others, be given the black spot years ago!"

   "Shut up! You're not dead, you know I won't accept that!" She wasn't giving up. "And it's 'you were' given. Not you 'be' given! Let's start again then!"

   "Yar- ye be annoying me now!"

   "You! You are..."

   "Ye--"

   "You!!"

   "Ye!"

   "I shouldn't need to give a robot, a.k.a computer, in this case with a soul inside, an entire hour's lesson on phonics!"

   "Well yer lucky. I don't be lettin ye do anythin to me already miserable spirit. So go about ye night on them bright, eye-irritatin devices!" As you left he finished his rant with, "Shiver me timbers!"

   "There's no need to say that!!! That is usually the END of a conversation! Not a reason to carry on with showing off your annoyance!" Y/N screamed at him with the loudest shriek she could make before she finally left that side of the room, waiting for the others to arrive.

   "Blimey..." The fox retreated to admiring his hook. He almost sounded amused.

   Slowly the room filled with the other robotic animals. At this time the current closing time guard was in the office, thinking the metal beings were having maintenance and checking for the chance of thieves. But really, the animatronics had small info for their friend.

   When Y/N walked up to them, later followed by the Foxy robot, Jeremy spoke up excitedly, "We saw Mike in the pizzeria today. He was asking the other security staff about us and our murderer."

   "Cassidy was right to be suspicious of him," Gabriel took over, "He has lots of hidden information about Mr. Afton. There's some relation between them, but that was the one thing he wouldn't share with the others, nor us."

   Y/N grinned, "We're so close! Let's see how many more rounds of our game he can handle. It won't be long till he's leading us to the murderer. Fritz, ready to scare the guy?"

   "Aye!" He swung his hook in a threatening way to the cameras, "He'd better got good reactions!"

   "Awesome. Cass, tomorrow we'll let you give him the fright of his life! We will find Afton! I'm not letting him get away with all this." Once again the memory played in her head, the fateful day. The reek of death.