Chapter 5

Y/N POV

It's night 5. Finally. He'll be coming soon. And I cannot wait to get started. I stretch and yawn leaving my mattress of blankets. I usually wake an hour before Mike's shift, however I may have overslept. 45 minutes with the animatronics will still be enjoyable.

   I awoke staring upwards at the filthy ceiling and the dim, flickering light bulb above me.

   I looked down to see two slices of pizza, with f/f toppings, on a small plate by my makeshift bed. Cass came to see me while I picked up the plate, resting it on my lap.

   "Like the surprise?" The glitchy voice asked.

   "It's not that surprising but perhaps it will be one day. Besides, once we end Afton's career, and possibly his life, we're all free! Hopefully."

   The childish voice chuckled, "imagine that! But, what do you plan to do when we're finished here? This is it. He could tell you whatever you've needed to know. But a lot is on the line, as usual. What if we're gone before you?"

   "You won't be," I looked at the bear concerned. They were asking for a different answer, "But if that was the unlikely case, I'd try to fit back in to society. Sure, I have no way to earn money but if I worked here, I'd get to see you again! You're not going anywhere without me."

   The being looked away, she clearly didn't think that was the situation. The animatronic stood up and walked out to the main room. I finished the pizza and followed.

   I caught the bear's arm before we joined the others, she looked at me slowly in return. "I know you're worried, that you can see the most likely case of the future, but have I ever steered us wrong? I promise whatever concerns you, I won't let happen." We continued without another word.

   Gabriel welcomed me back into the main room excitedly, teasing, "Look who's up early! You'd have missed school by now."

   "Do we finally get to question him?" Susie squealed from within the chica costume, "Or can we just slaughter him?"

   "Probably the same as usual," the purple bunny answered before I could react, "so question him and kill later."

   Something seemed off, like they were trying to stop me from seeing something... The animatronics stood in one straight line, like a barrier. They've never been this talkative, other than Fritz who hasn't said a thing. However when I looked over at the fox his ears were down and his jaw clamped shut.

   Soon Cassidy broke character behind me, "You're terrible at this. Fritz, wanna open your mouth? That's obviously what's making her suspicious of you." He wildly shook his head. "Y/N, this may just be easier if you look at the monitor. They're convinced you'll overreact."

   The group freaked out looking at each other nervously waiting for ideas untill Jeremy failed to snap his fingers, the sound only heard to be was only shrieking metal. "That won't be necessary! She doesn't overreact to anything. Oooooh but in the meantime how about we play a board game, it's been a long time!"

   "Nope. And Cass is right. You're all terrible at hiding things."

   I pushed the purple bunny aside, finally making my way to the monitors as I normally would at this time of night. As I sat down however at my spinny chair, I found it on the lowest setting. And they think I'm the one going to overreact.

The camera adjustment was all wrong! What had these giant scraps of metal done other than mess up my settings. Spilled cake over Mike's security desk?! I turned the camera alignment back to the office and gasped in surprise and caution. Mike was there early.