Chapter -26 : Girlfriends

It was the day of the semi final, Ador was playing against St. Joseph's. Minji and Danielle both started the match, they looked very happy and they chatted and laughed with each other often. They are having a good time and they are leading the game too. Almost at the end of the first quarter, there was a shout coming from the travelling fans of St Stephen's.
"KIM MINJI MARRY ME!"

Loud gasped could be heard and more from the adors stand but a quick,
"GET IN THE LINE BITCH." Came a reply from among Ador's stand and the audience broke out into roaring laughter for a minute.

Minji has both her eyes and mouth wide open and looked at Nayla, the first year student who responded while her teammates were laughing their ass off and instantly teasing Minji.

"Who was it?" Eunchae strained her neck towards the area where the reply came from.

"Who was it?" Haerin asked looking towards the opponents stand. She was clearly looking for the girl from St Stephen's while Eunchae was looking for their school mate.

"Look at Minji's face!" Hyein nudged Hanni and laughed. Hanni only smiled when she caught Minji glancing at her.

"It was Nayla from 1-B" came the reply to Eunchae from people sitting around them.

"What!? She has a crush on Minji?" Said someone around them.

"So many from the 1st year have a crush on Minji." Said another.

"Well, so many from the 2nd year and 3rd year also have a crush on Minji." Said someone else.

"Of course she's popular here but have you heard how popular she is to other schools where they went to play?" Eunchae joined in.

"She is pretty and cool and plays really good. Obviously, she'll be popular." Someone from the back replied.

"Guys, the girls from the opponent is called Sullyoon. Check out her insta. She's so pretty." A girl who sits near Eunchae passed a phone around.

"How do you even find her ig!? Scary!" Hanni exclaimed in surprise.

"Hey, it's only her username or maybe a nickname. She's called Yoon-a. I've heard about her from Yunjin unnie." Eunchae corrected them.

"What!? You knew about her?" Hanni asked, surprised that Eunchae would know about it and never talks to them.

"Yunjin unnie once told us that Minji was asked out by this pretty girl called Yoon-a after their school thrashed Ador and how Minji glared at her like she wanted to murder her then and there. She showed us her insta too." Eunchae narrated.

"But I heard she saw Minji first in California during a summer break. I don't know if it's true but her friends said Minji asked her out first. And they met again in her school before a basketball match." Eunchae continued.

"Wait!? Do you say California? Is it the famous French girl!?" Hyein laughed in the incredulity.

"She's not French. Chae said her name is Yoon-a" Haerin said.

"No.. Minji once walked up to this pretty girl and said, 'are you French? Cause Eiffel for you.' They've been teasing Minji about it to this day." Hyein narrated happily.

"Eiffel?" Haerin laughed and soon the girls laughed with her. To be precise some students around them also laughed with them although they didn't know why there was a laughter!

"Back to my story, it was back in middle school when she asked Minji out. Since then this Yoon-a girl would sometimes shout out compliments or asked her out. The funny thing is she's said to be a total introvert." Eunchae finished her narration after the hearty laughs.