i

I think I'm drowning, asphyxiated

I felt my heart skip a beat and my breath coming out shallow, I couldn't take my gaze away from the CCPD footage that was sent to the Bat-computer. Suddenly I felt like a little girl again. Watching something a child shouldn't have to witness, I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder pull me closer, I could tell it was Jason, it was too tight considering what we were seeing. He pulled me closer to him. There was silent in the cave, we were frozen, only our breath echoed.

"We have to trace it..." it was Dick's voice. "Tim Barb, do something" he exclaimed approaching Damian whose eyes were stuck on the screen as well.

I wanna break this spell that you've created, Your something beautiful, a contradiction

Bruce was laying still, many open wounds flooding with blood, we couldn't sense any movement, or see if he was breathing his suit devices that connected him to the Bat computer were destroyed as a laugh was heard in the background. It wasn't from the camera, I came to our comms... I knew that laugh, I despised that laugh... But the same time, I had so many memories of him, unfortunately good.

"Joker?" Damian asked and looked at us, his voice was shaking, I really didn't see that coming.

"Close enough, it's his creation, Jerome... this is Jerome. I would recognize his laugh anywhere..." I explained, I felt eyes on me, they knew it wasn't a pleasant subject for me, it hadn't taken me time to get over the fact that I was used by a psycho.

"How can it be Jerome, (Y/N), he died in case you do not remember..." Jason demanded looking down to me.

I wanna play the game, I want the friction

"I do not know Jason!" I exclaimed and swallowed "But this. Is. Jerome" I spoke and turned on my comm

"What the hell do you even want!" I exclaimed in the communication.

The laugh kept going without responding to my question, Barbara and Tim were typing, Tim signed to keep him laughing and talking so they could track down the signal. "What can be touched but can't be seen?" He asked me, it was his voice as I couldn't comprehend what was happening, this was a riddle I realized.

"Future, what of the future" I asked again trying to sound tremendous and firm like Batgirl would but miserably failed...

"It is a crime if attempted but not if committed" he spoke again, there was static in between, I couldn't make out an answer I was looking at Jason and Dick panicking internally. "Tik tak, clocks ticking. Ten... nine..." he started the countdown. We had no idea what would happen if he reached zero...

"Suicide!" I exclaimed out of the blue holding in my breath. The boys were staring at me, and so was I.

He laughed for a few seconds "What can be touched but can't be seen?" He asked me again and I let out a shaky breath. I was trying to ponder, think I couldn't make out a word, henstarted counting down again, and then his laugh became louder and louder.

"Now you brought this to the big bat" Jerome laughed, "Who makes it, has no need of it. Who buys it, has no use for it. Who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?" He asked finally asked and I felt my eyes tear as i knew the answer. "You have about an hours before he runs out of air" there was another serious voice speaking now.

"He will bury him alive" Dick realized, I don't think either if them could tell the voice change.

"Tell where he is you son of a bitch" Jason yelled loudly, snatching the comm from my hands. The comm stopped working.