Chapter 4

Everyone from our friend group was present at the lunch meeting except Chad, man seh him nah come nuh weh wid we sah. I have a small group of friends that I inherited from Keri.

Kelsey the focused driven, determined one, she is the epitome of young woman with a vision. I truly admire her zest for life and her hunger for success, safe to say she keeps us in check as it relates to self-growth. She is the youngest Financial Controller I've ever met.

Joviel is the defender and mouth piece of the group, not saying we don't stand up for ourselves but she is the one to run to our defense and mek a gyal or bwoy know them fi watch them mouth when them deal wid we. Joviel mek everybody know seh a the garrison we hail from, can't tek har more while but mi ratings high fi har. She just completed Law school and is no working for a small Law Firm as an intern.

Chadwick is my adopted brother and one of our best friends, he has been riding with me since forever and he joined our friend group maybe five or so years ago when he returned to Jamaica from Canada. It was an instant click and the girls love him. Chad is with us almost everywhere we go but he is refusing to come with us on this outing, says it's a girl thing and we should just spend the time together and chat we bagga woman thing. Chad is computer wiz and has his own company where he does mostly coding and web design.

Keri is the bestie and the home girl she and Joviel together and the place nuh good again enuh. They are so disgusting, wouldn't have it no other way though. Keri is an Accountant she holds a Supervisory post at a Local Bank. She won't be at the lunch today either for obvious reason can't have her knowing everything that's going to happen at her dinner.

"Dem tek long fi come wid the likkle food eeh man!" Joviel muttered rather loudly.

Girl has no chill. "Miss the food soon come yuh get the email from the guy yet". I had asked her to reach out and book a guy we found on Instagram to serenade Keri with some songs from her favorite artist Sam Smith.

"Yes I got a confirmation email from him this morning and I already reach out to the restaurant who agreed to have him somewhat perform for us for the night." One thing wid Joviel she switch to professional quick a clock when she ready enuh.

"Awesome your task is completed" I responded.

We have been here for a little over 20 minutes and have already placed our orders, I hope they hurry up with the food so we can finish and leave because all us have to get back to work.

"Ky, lets go over all we have to do so each person can give an update on where they are." Kelsey was right on the ball with getting us focused on the matter at hand.

I wasted no time in responding "Ok guys we have the singer checked already so now we need to address the cake, the wine, the gifts and her outfits. I've already secured our reservation and outlined our expectations and requirements which were surprisingly well received by the restaurant. I need to call my people re the outfits and go to Pricesmart to pick up the wines. Kelsey how yuh stay wid the cake?"

"They cake has been ordered and the caterer promised that it would be ready Saturday morning so I'll pick that up and take it to the venue when I'm coming, I might ask one of you to pick me up though to make it a little easier to travel with."

As Kelsey finished her update I silently worked out her traveling, I would have to have Keri take her but I'm going to have to bring the cake myself. "I'll pick up the cake from you sometime in the day and I'll arrange for you to travel with Keri."

Joviel was quick to interject "I thought we were all traveling together, wasn't that the original plan?"

"Yes but isn't she going to be aware of everything we are taking if that happens?" I answered.

"No girl we just have to formulate a plan that eliminates her having a clear view of everything, it wouldn't make sense for four of us to be going in separate cars, that will be too suspicious miss. Member yuh have trunk and yuh can't have the mad gyal a drive fi har birthday. We only wah celebrate har birthday not her death day to! A swear if she drive mi nah go wid her enuh."

Kelsey buss out a laugh "weh yuh seh Joviel birthday turn Death-day kakafaat!"

Them gyal yah a eediot enuh, but I agree nonetheless that mek more sense.

"Everybody already got her gift right?" I had to ask because mumma she gwan like seh if she nuh get present she ago dead.

"Yes" they both answered.

We finally got our food and decided we would eat and before we discussed anything else. I order a steam fish with bammy and bottle of water, while Kelsey and Joviel both had chicken wid sorrel beers.

Once we were done we paid and sat for another ten minutes. Joviel advised us that she doesn't have any shoes and she wasn't able to order one for it to get here on time. Knowing her she just doesn't have one to go with whatever it is she is wearing or she just want new new.

I finally checked my shipping app and saw that our outfits were now ready for pick up and so that made me breathe a sigh of relief. I could not afford to have to go hunting for a new outfit just two days before the dinner, I would be so stressed out.

As we made our way to my car we ran into Keri approaching Gloria's. yuh know seh a snoop the gyal did a try snoop though, what a way she time we.

She told us she was on her way to pick up the lunch she ordered yet still she hop in the car when we were getting ready to leave no lunch in hand. I laughed so hard and Joviel deal wid har real proper she sat sulking until I dropped her off.

Kelsey who was the last drop off suggested we wrote hand written letters in cards and read them to her on the night, I agreed and she sent a message to Joviel to let her know.

I'm finally back at work and I am so ready to go home. I stopped by the HR Department to speak with the manager about the "altercation" I had with my manager, apparently he did not report it but she heard it going around the office and wanted to know what was happening. I explained and she let me return to my desk after asking that I report any issues I have with him and not cause any further issues in the department.

Hey loves! I hope you guys are doing ok.

Please remember to vote comment and share this story with your friends.

Venus