Chapter 6

"What motivates you?" Keri read the question from the paper she chose.

"Honestly, my dad. There is nothing too great for me to give him or have him experience. The man would trade his soul to ensure me good. When I think about all he has sacrificed for me to be the best I can possible be that alone motivates me to push harder every single day."

I watched has Keri answer that question with tears in my eyes, because I know the hardship her and dad have endured for her betterment.

"Watch the idiot ago bawl now." My subconscious jeered.

We were currently doing a Girls Night Trivia. I got some questions from the internet that I folded and put them in a bowl. We've been playing this game for the past half an hour. I had to get something to ensure we were all conversationally engaged because them gyal yah will sit down on their phones the whole night and mi not having it a boxide.

"Alright next question quick before Ky she start wid the showers of rain." Joviel was quick to notice that I was now on the verge of shedding tears.

Bwoy mi love bawl ova foolishness. Funny enough if it was something more serious that deserved tears mi wouldn't a bawl at all. Mi weird bad.

We have yet to get our meals because we agreed to get our meals together and what I ordered takes two hours to prepare. We don't mind because we will have the opportunity to do some of the activities we have planned.

I've wanted to pee for the last 5 minutes. "Mi ago use the restroom mi soon come." I told the girls.

All they said was yes, no one making a move to come with me.

"Shame."

Ok I guess I'm going by myself then. I hurriedly made my way to the restroom holding my head straight hoping no one is looking at me. I hope mi nuh buck mi foot and drop enuh because mi would a just lay down and nuh move for the night.

Can you tell I don't like crowded places?

I made it to the bathroom safely thank God. I did my business and washed my hands and checked that my makeup was ok.

"Hey mi nice enuh jah jah."

As I was exiting the restroom I collided with someone.

"Then dah person yah smell nice eeh."

"Are you ok?" I heard the person say.

"Then hear deep voice him."

I carefully stepped back to take a look at the man who I just bumped into and gasped at the beauty of him.

"Him nice eeh man."

"Well thank you." I heard him say. Not understanding what he meant I asked "What did you say?"

He smiled at me, the nicest smile I've seen all night. "I think you might have made that comment thinking you voiced it in your mind but I heard you."

I can't believe I said that out loud. A wave of embarrassment washed over me out of nowhere. The earth could a just swallow mi now mi wouldn't feel no way.

"I'm sorry. I'm ok." I sheepishly responded.

"No need to be sorry, I'm glad you think I'm Handsome." He jested.

"I didn't exactly say that still enuh sir."

He looked me directly in the eye and asked "So what does him nice eeh mean?"

If I wasn't trying to be a good gyal mi laugh essi. "Don't worry about that, you weren't supposed to hear that anyway. At this point yuh invading privacy."