2 | ❝Sweetheart❞ - Woonhak

╔══════════════════╗
KIM WOONHAK
✎ ii. sweetheart
╚══════════════════╝

a/n. heavily inspired by the movie when marnie was there and i would suggest listening to the song linked at the top!! ^^ <3 

 heavily inspired by the movie when marnie was there and i would suggest listening to the song linked at the top!! ^^ <3 

You winced as you heard your parents' shouting getting louder from the sitting room. Your father had told you to be a good girl and stay in your room. You had wanted to go outside. My friend is waiting for me! You insisted, clutching your pink party dress in your small fists, filled with as much anger as an eight year old could hold. You had earned a harsh glare and a slap to your cheek for disobeying.

You sat by your window, longing to go outside into the cool ocean breeze under the moonlight. Woonhak would wait until you came, you knew he would, but you itched to go out and play with him now. You were sick of waiting until your father gave you more instructions. He always kept you hidden away in your room. Your mother was gone most of the time, and your nanny felt more like a real mother to you than your biological mother ever could.

You didn't love your nanny. She had no affection for you and was always stone cold and boring. She didn't want to entertain you and you could tell she was tired of working at your house for your father. You were smart for an eight year old. People had told you were smarter than their teenagers many times. It was one of the things your small brain prided itself in. One of the only things you allowed yourself to be proud of. Your father was busy snuffing out all your pride every chance he got, though.

You couldn't tell anyone how awful your isolated life was. All they saw were the extravagant parties and your expensive toys. They never realised how love-deprived you were. The only person who you could confide in was your friend, Woonhak.

He was the child of the sweet farmer couple that always sold the best jams at the farmers market. You liked to tag along whenever your nanny had to go shopping. That's where you met him the first time.

He was so different from you, and his life was so free. He could go out and wade in the ocean water whenever he wanted to, or go into the forest to catch butterflies. He could eat fresh strawberries grown in his own backyard and wouldn't even get scolded for going outside past his bedtime. You envied his life and cherished any time that he would bring you along with him. He had adventures. You wanted to be by his side forever.

"Your mother will be arriving soon. I heard the Park family is arriving with her. I'm sure you'll be seeing Yijoon again. Aren't you excited?" You governess asked. She meant well, you knew she meant well. But any mention of Yijoon made you clench your fist into a tight ball, fingernails biting into the skin of your palm. You hated that boy.

You sat straight, shoulders back, chin up, no expression, just like how you had been taught your whole life. If your mother was coming back, that meant more parties. You'd have to be gracious to guests. You'd have to dance. You'd have to spend time with Yijoon. You hoped to God that your mother didn't insist you kiss him again.