6 | ❝Scaredy Cat❞ - Sungho

╔══════════════════╗
PARK SUNGHO
✎ vi. scaredy cat
╚══════════════════╝

Sometimes, you despised how whipped you were for your boyfriend

Sometimes, you despised how whipped you were for your boyfriend. If it wasn't for his damn charming smile and cute pleading, you would have won with picking a cute rom-com to watch, instead of some horror show which Sungho had been obsessed with recently. Every Friday was your designated watch night with him, but it being a particularly stormy and gloomy night did not help with your current mood.

You got scared easily. So easily that you were embarrassed over it a lot of the time. The things you saw in shows stuck with you, and you often lost sleep whenever you decided that you could handle something in the thriller or horror genre. You weren't quite sure what the appeal was, but you were certain you were not the target audience.

You were a couple feet away from Sungho on the couch. You had your own blanket that you were huddled under while Sungho had a snack bowl. As the episode progressed, you started flinching from the scary scenes a bit more. You didn't know if Sungho had noticed or not. If he did, he would either tease you (most probable, the boy was a menace), or try to comfort you.

You could feel a jumpscare coming, and tensed up prematurely, clutching your blanket a little closer, debating snuggling up to Sungho for extra safety. But, no. That would guarantee his teasing. You glanced over at your boyfriend, resisting the urge to throw yourself into those very comforting arms. You'd already been teased enough today, you didn't need him calling you a scaredy-cat as well.

Well, maybe you were a scaredy-cat. You nearly jumped as the screen flashed with a horrifying image that you were sure would be ingrained in your brain forever.

You shrieked.

Your boyfriend turned to you at the speed of light, the words "are you okay?" falling off his lips naturally. You exhaled slowly, calming your nerves and racing heart. Tears started prickling at your waterline, and you suddenly regretted ever agreeing to this.

You were a scaredy-cat, and that was a fact.

Seeing the first tears slide down your cheeks, Sungho was quick to flick off the TV screen and switch on a lamp, providing the room with soft, warm toned light to help calm you down. A hand wrapping around your shoulder, he gently pulled you into his lap, letting you cry quietly into his chest.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have picked such a scary show..." He whispered. You focused on steadying your breath, inhaling and exhaling slowly, aided by Sungho's slow rubs on your back.

You calmed down quickly in his arms, sitting back once you had stopped crying. Sungho smiled a bit guiltily. He hadn't meant to make you cry. He should've remembered how prone you were to getting traumatised by jumpscares and anything within the horror genre.

"I'm sorry, baby." He cooed again, thumb gently swiping away at the lasting tear tracks on your cheek.

"I'm okay." You assured him, placing a hand on the couch to help you get off his lap, but he held your waist, keeping you in your spot.

"Stay and cuddle?" He suggested, eyes shining with a hint of tease.

You could never say no to a request like that, so you snuggled back close to his chest, head resting under his chin, fitting perfectly in his arms. He loved having you so close, though he wouldn't ever tell you. He had the role of teasing in the relationship, and he would think twice before giving you an opportunity to tease him back about him being cheesy.

You sat in comfortable silence, and you could practically count down the seconds until Sungho opened his mouth again. And, right on queue, he started to speak, a quiet mumble leaving his mouth. You couldn't see his face, but you could hear it in his voice that he was smiling.

"You get scared so easily."

"I know. I can't help it." You replied, one hand tightening around the fabric of his shirt, silently letting him know that if he continued his teasing, you would get up off his lap. He took the hint, giggling softly at you.

"You're cute."

You glanced up at him. His eyes always caught you off guard. They sparkled with such devotion and love. He didn't have to say anything, you could tell exactly what he was feeling just from those big brown eyes.

While Sungho spoke with his eyes, you preferred to speak with your actions. And, you did, quickly leaning up and pecking him on the lips. He whined a little, clearly complaining at how insufficient the kiss was. It had barely lasted a second.

You laughed. Sungho always acted like he was more mature than you because he was tough and didn't get scared. But, truly, he was just so endearingly clingy. You didn't make him wait too long before giving him another kiss. A proper kiss, this time. One that lasted for a lot longer than a second.