One Last Time

Everyone in the manor  had been prepping themselves for what's to come as the Clown's last day drew near. Damian had been keeping Lucy calm for the most part but she still won't let go of the idea of saving her father. He couldn't risk the consequences of the pit for her. The search of a cure was becoming more of a necessity and they have had no luck. Currently the Bat Family was in the Batcave. Damian was instructed to go get Lucy. "Are you sure we should do this Bruce?" Dick asked. Bruce nodded, "I'm positive." A few minutes later, Damian had returned with Lucy by his side. "What's this about?" She asked the group.

Bruce stepped forward approaching Lucy. "Damian has made us aware that you are suffering from the same chemicals that infected your father. And they've been having some noticeable changes that also applied to your father. Damian only made me aware so I can help make a cure." Lucy glanced at Damian, "I told Damian that I didn't want to worry you." She turned her head back, facing Bruce, letting out a sigh. "All of you have already done enough for me already. This is just another problem that I'm adding on." Dick also stepped forward to speak, "Lucy... we care about you. We will help with whatever problem you throw our way."

Lucy shook her head, "Well it doesn't seem like it." Damian sighed, "I tried to warn you guys, she will bite your heads off." Lucy crossed her arms, "The problem at hand is that my father is dying and no one is doing a damn thing about it! There may not be an actual cure but the Lazarus pit would work just fine. He would be alive, we would be saving someone's life." Jason stepped up to speak, "We understand that you're upset Lucy, but as someone who rose from the dead, it isn't fun. You don't come back as yourself initially. It's a very long process that I don't think you would want to put your father through."

"And when I become the new lunatic in town, then what?" She asked coldly. "A cure? Have you found one yet?" Bruce shook his head, "We're wo-" Lucy immediately interrupted, "working on it? Right. But it won't be in time before my father passes." Bruce sighed, "Lucy, there's no other options that we can take." The room fell silent for a few moments. She felt defeated. Having a family just wasn't meant to be for her, even though it's all she's ever wanted. Tears began to build up in the girl's eyes. She felt a small sense of rage overcome her. The blonde's eyes began glowing a toxic green color.

"I have spent, every waking moment with my father and it's been the best and worst days of my whole entire life. The more time I spend with him the more I realize how much I was robbed of. Not only that, my mother and brother. The whole damn city, missed out on a really great man who I think would've made it big if he had continued to pursue his career. But no, they pressured him, made him feel small, made him feel less than, and that drove him to Ace Chemicals where he was in on a heist so he could make some money to provide for his wife and unborn child. That's all he wanted to do. They end up dead and then what. He has nothing. He couldn't back out on the job so he did it anyway, he didn't even want  to be there-"

Bruce knew exactly where this was heading. He gave Damian a glare that told him that she should probably stop before she says something that she regrets. "Beloved, I think-" Lucy ignored Damian and kept going. "I mean..." She chuckled, "What are the odds that you showed up that night and he falls right into the vat of chemicals because you scared him. You couldn't save him in time. Years he has lived infected by these chemicals and not did you ONCE create a cure for him. No instead, you  played right into his game of cat and mouse. His favorite game of all. He does something absolutely horrific, you catch him, you lock him up and then he breaks free again to do exactly that."

Damian spoke up again, "Beloved-" Lucy ignored him once more, continuing on with her rant. She stepped up closer toward Bruce. "I can't believe it's becoming so clear to me that it had been you who's been the source of all of my problems. You created the Clown Prince of Crime. The Joker. You're the reason I was without a father for so many years. Why I had to suffer by his actions. Finally when I do have my father, he's sick. And nobody can cure him again. We're back to square one again. And now I have to say goodbye to the man I barely got to know. And I have you to thank for all of that. No seriously... thank you Bruce. Thank you for letting my father slip into a vat of chemicals that are now infecting me. Thank you for letting the Joker get away with so much. Thank you for not curing him, because I was born because of it. I can also thank you for not only destroying my father, but his daughter too, I really appreciate it."