0.08

chapter 6: run, boy, run

(a/n: in reference to Reyna wanting to warn Ben about Mal)

...

Mal's POV

Evie, Jane, Reyna, and I are in my shared dorm. I already instructed Reyna to stay silent before Jane arrived.

"Mom said, 'if a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it.' Can you believe it? What world does she live in?

I smirk. "Auradon."

Evie then holds up a hideous design. "Mal, do you like?"

"Sure, it's cute. Brings out your eyes."

"I know."

"I'll never get a boyfriend," Jane says, almost sighing.

"Well, it's because they're overrated. I've also never had one."

"That is true... oh! I forgot to Char's homework! Oh no! Oh, no, no, no." While Evie goes into a spiral, Reyna looks at her sadly. Gross, emotions...

"And that is exactly what I mean." Then there's a knock at the door. "Reyna go get that, will you?"

She does so and a girl walks in. "Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie... my mom's Mulan? No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair.. and I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil.. but do you think you could do mine?"

"And why would I do that for you?"

"I'll pay you 50 dollars."

"Alright, fine... Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair."

"Wow, I love it! Thanks, Mal!" Lonnie leaves after she and Jane rip their dresses, which I guess makes them cool.