3: 09

TONY'S HOUSE

Tony said, "Dummy, You, can we clean up this mess? You're killing me. You know I don't..."

J.A.R.V.I.S. informed, "Incoming call with a blocked number sir."

"My phone privilege is reinstated. Lovely. Coulson. How's the Land of Enchantment?"

"Hey, Tony, how you doing?" Ivan asked. "I double cycle.

"You what?"

"You told me double cycle's more power. Good advice."

"You sound pretty sprightly for a dead guy."

"You too."

Tony muted his speaker. "Trace him."

"Sir," J.A.R.V.I.S. said.

Ivan continued. "Now, the true history of Stark name will be written."

"J.A.R.V.I.S., where is he?" Tony asked.

"Accessing the Oracle grid. Eastern Seaboard."

Ivan said, "What your father did to my family over 40 years, I will do to you in 40 minutes."

"Sounds good," Tony replied. "Let's get together and hash it out."

"Tri-State area. Manhattan and outlying boroughs."

"I hope you're ready," Ivan said and the call ended.

"Call trace incomplete."

Tony saw an advertisement for Justin's presentation. He picked up the new arc reactor.

"Sir."

"You want to run some tests, run them. And assemble the suit while you're at it. Put it together now."

"We are unclear as to the effects."

"I don't want to hear it, J.A.R.V.I.S.." The reactor gained power. "That tastes like coconut. And metal. Oh wow, yeah!"

STARK EXPO

Natasha opened the door for Pepper and Maritza to exit the car.

"I'll keep the car down here, all right?" Happy said.

"Thank you Happy," Tony and Maritza replied.

An announcer spoke. "...Justin Hammer. His presentation will begin shortly in the main pavilion."

The Expo began.

Justin danced on to the stage before saying, "Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for coming. Ladies and gentlemen, for far too long, this country has had to place its brave men and women in harm's way, but then the Iron Man arrived, and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us. Sadly, that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair. That's not right. And it's just too bad."

"Oh, Lord," Pepper muttered.

"Regardless, it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed the headlines the world over. Well, today, my friends, the press is faced with quite a difficult problem. They are about to run out of ink." Two people ran on to remove the podium. "Get that out of here. Ladies and gentlemen, today I present to you the new face of the United States military. The Hammer drone." Drones rose out of the stage as he called names. "Army! Navy! Air Force! Marines! Yeah! Yeah! Woo! That's a hell of a lot better than some cheerleaders, let me tell you. But as revolutionary as this technology is, there will always be a need for man to be present in the theatre of war." Ivan was typing something. "Ladies and gentlemen, today I am proud to present to you the very first prototype in the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit and its pilot, Air Force Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes."