Hurts Like Hell (Monoma Neito x Reader)

HURTS LIKE HELL

Warnings: Omegaverse, Soulmates, Drama, Adult Monoma Neito, Unhealthy Relationships, Angst

The waiting area was surprisingly empty. She glanced at the time, noting that the train should be arriving in the next fifteen minutes. She wanted to smoke. To submerge herself into the bitterness of the toxic poison. [Y/N] fished out the half empty package and made her way to the smoking area. Cold November breeze chilled to the bone. Rushing to leave the apartment before Neito woke up, she completely disregarded the weather.

Her knuckles turned white; she could barely feel her hands. Only five minutes left. A deep breath of the chilling air didn't have the effect she hoped for. Her phone buzzed, causing her heart to skip a beat. Unpleasant feeling quickly vanished when she saw that it was only an advertisement. She boarded the train in a hurry, praying for no delays. Just over two and half hours and she will be in Tokyo. [Y/N] closed her eyes. All she wanted was to leave Musutafu behind and melt into the crowd of a megacity, a place where Neito wouldn't be able to find her. What an understatement. Neito would find her anywhere.

Majority of people considered the soulmate connection between an alpha and omega a blessing, a gift. Perhaps because statistically less than fifty percent of the population found theirs, but [Y/N] knew better. "Nature doesn't make mistakes." her mother once said, while being married to the love of her life, who also happened to be her soulmate. [Y/N] believed every single word, until she met him. Thousands of times she cursed herself for making life choices which led her to the U.A. High School. To Class 1-A.

He sensed her first.

Monoma Neito looked around searching for the owner of the subtle unobtrusive scent stirring his insides. Lightly honeyed, creamy almond kind of smell made his heart race. He darted from side to side in the sea of students and teachers, but he couldn't locate the omega. She was close, but where? Overwhelmed with his senses, Neito froze on the spot. "Where are you?"

The cacophony of sounds was distracting. A little longer and frustration would have taken over, but suddenly the scent intensified; he quickly made his way in the desired direction, led by the overpowering senses.

He spotted them, alpha and omega, casually chatting by the drinking fountain. The alpha must have said something funny because the omega, his omega, burst out laughing. Frustration, at the point of physical discomfort, pushed him towards the two.

Without hesitation, Neito barged in, pushing the alpha aside. Smile faded from the girl's face, replaced by annoyance, confusion and then realisation.

"Neito Monoma," he said, smirking. "Class 1-B."

"Hello, Neito Monoma." she replied casually, yet her heart raced making it hard to think. "What you did right now was rude." she continued. "We were in the middle of a conversation."

His smirk became wider.

"I doubt he had anything valuable to say, while you and I have a lot to discuss, don't we?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. The look on his face irritated her, but her senses screamed for her to give in.

"I don't think so, Neito Monoma."

She turned to leave but Neito grabbed her arm just above the elbow. His touch burned her flesh, sending strong impulses to the brain. There was no mistake that the alpha in front of her was her destiny. [Y/N]'s knees weakened, and sight turned blurry.