Ch. 5

—"What?"

Noodle boy.. Wants to train with me?
Hah!

"Please red!"
Mk scooted closer, practically begging on his knees in front of Redson,
He didnt mind though.

"I've been looking forward to this very moment.. for ages! Decades! YEONSS!
Pleaaaaaseee? With a big juicyy cherry on topp?"

"Whats in it for me? I dont babysit. Ive got a busy schedule." Redson enticed, He wasn't practically lying , he had a clone to finish. But he wasn't in the mood to think about that now.
Red crossed his legs as he looked down at Mk.
Eye candy.

Mk thought frantically, what could he possibly offer THE redson? THEE REDSON.. rich enough to compete in the peach race with a deluxe car!

"I-Um.. Free training sessions with me and...
Sun ...Wukong? I-Im his only disciple! So trainings are SUUUPERRR DUUPEERR exclusive! But just for you- and and- free dinner at Pigsys—...?"
He was out of ideas.

. . .
"...Hm."

"Please?"

It was a good way to learn what Monkey king had been teaching this kid just for him to be this powerful. Redson didnt care for it, though.

"No, thanks." Redson easily swayed from the conversation.

Mk grasped his hands, clasping them together.
"Please- Redson! Im begging youuuu! I have so much to learn- AAND i know we were enemies in the past but we're over that!- Right? You get a sparring buddy and so do I! We both get stronger and stronger— and use that power to save the city! Isnt that more responsible than turning down this offer..?"

"Err.."
Redsons hair flared a bit, making both his hair and hands warm.

Red glanced down at their hands entertwined, feeling his hair flare up. Mk followed his gaze. "Ah-" He blushed, letting go of both their hands.

"Sorry- sorry. I know you hate physical touch. But please? It can be after youre better..."
Mk pouted.

"...I'll think about it. And stop whining, You're sounding like a frog."

Mk rolled his eyes sassily, crossing his arms in s pout.
"You're no fun."

"Demons dont need to be."

"Would it kill you to smile or crack a joke? Yikes.. What do you even do for fun- or when you're bored? Probably nothing.."
Mk slid down onto the floor, laying face up on his monkey shaped carpet.

"I play the guitar."

"...No way."

"I play the guitar?"

Mk sat straight up.
"NOWAAAyYYyyYY!! ME TOO!! I have an electric I got from mei- What about you?" He said giddily.

"Electric also. It's custom so the string is slightly different from regular electrics."

"Ahhh~ So youre the fancy type. Whats it look like? Does it sound differently? Do you have to play it differently too?"

"Yes and yes. As for the colors.
Black, faint purple and red ombre."

"OWAAAHHH— So COOL!! I wanted to get mine customized but I'm flat broke."

"I know."

"...You little—.
Cough! I didn't know demons actually had hobbies tho. Or fun ones at least. Especially from you, i expected just paperwork and stuff."

"Im a Demon of many skills. Ive outlived countless Kings and Presidents. I can do anything better than you, noodle boy."
Redson bragged, leaning back against Mk's bed.

"Nuh uh! I have this little trinket~"
Mk flashed his staff, giving it a tricky spin before putting it back into his ear.

"I also have a gauntlet to lift that 'Little trinket.'"

"But here i have it!- staff in ear."

"Thats gross."

"Sshhhhhuh. Only a few people know where its hidden."

Redson just cracked a smile, almost a faint laugh.
Mk blushed, taking note of his humor.

"Um- Anyways- Er.. Its pretty dark out.. And your injury-"

"Ill stay." Redson calmy stated.

He's forgetting something.

Mk nodded.
"Comprendo'. I'll sleep on the couch, i guess.
The kitchens right down the hall and the bathrooms to the left of it."

"Puny."

Mk twitched, feeling almost offended.
"Suitable place for a peasant I presume."

"Thanks!" Mk sat up, grabbing a few pillows to lay on the couch. He walked away- Not before getting back at redson!

"Hot potato!"
Landing a pillow to redsons face, perfectly aimed.
He yelled in a warm laugh before scurrying off and closing the door behind him.
Red just rolled his eyes and smiled at Mk, He was annoying. But interesting.. yeah. Just- that.
Redson felt a heat rise to his ears, taking the pillow to his arms and comfortably sleeping.