24 • It's been a while

Chapter Twenty-Four
It's been a while

• W e e k s L a t e r •

Hongdae, Seoul
DPR Strip club

 Rome is crazy..." Jey commented when reading the texts from his boss. "This lunatic..."

 "I thought he was deranged until I saw that his crazy shit works! Now I'll follow him anywhere," Jessi loudly commented. "I'll trust Rome with my life!"

 Jey looked at her, sighing. Jessi was one of the gang's original members. She was older than them and started off as a dancer. After a time, she got involved with drug traffic and money laundering. She had risked her life multiple times, but it was all worth it. She was loud, cheerful, honest, and funny.

 Jey was the more cautious type and always looked tired of life. His presence in the gang was due to his high IQ and issues with authority. He was Ian's advisor. But he was lazy. Jey rolled his eyes, watching Jessi count the money she had earned. "Good for you," he commented. "I don't wanna be there for the shit show when the Soma people come..."

 Jessi put the bills in her bra. "I wanna be there. I can't wait to meet our new associates. And Rome's new girlfriend," she giggled. "When are they landing?" She asked, impatient to see her favorite boys.

 "JK landed already. He should be here soon with three guys. Rome will arrive on the later flight tonight... Wait... Why didn't you know? Didn't you prepare the party for them?" Jey asked, dreading Jessi's answer.

 She looked away, scratching her head. She stood up from her seat. "I need to go. It's my scene time," she lied and escaped the room. Jessi walked upstairs to join other strippers in the club, running away from the naggy Jey.

。。。

Gangnam, Seoul
DPR HQs

 Kazuo, Yoru, and Noda followed JK into the headquarters. JK was too happy to be home. Finally, he could be himself. The HQs was a rather large and modern house in the south of Hongdae. Gang members welcomed JK with a lot of cheers. He was grinning.
Kazuo scanned the house and everyone in it.

 Yoru did the same, carrying bags. Once JK was done greeting everyone, he started the introductions. The yakuza wouldn't remember any name, but it didn't matter. Yoru noticed their gang emblem, the viper tattoo. Putting his stuff down, Yoru leaned to Kazuo. "Who wins between a fox and a snake?" he asked.

 Kazuo chuckled. "The one who gets the first bite," he answered.

 Yoru paused. "Damn... that was philosophical and shit..." he commented. "I meant in an actual fight, but damn... Kazuo, you're something else," Yoru admired him. Noda stood by them, chuckling at their interaction. Kazuo rolled his eyes, annoyed.

。。。

 The three yakuza slowly got comfortable. It was only the afternoon, but the group had already planned half of the actions. Noda was in charge of logistics. "We don't need much more cars than that. But the amount of C4 is sus to me," Noda spoke. He turned to JK. "When is this Jey coming?" he asked.

 JK hummed. "Jey won't come until Ian hyung asks for him," he explained. "He's lazy," he explained.

 Yoru smiled, watching JK in his element. "Look at you... Not-so-baby Yu... So cute..." he chuckled, trying to pinch JK's cheek.

 Even though he laughed, JK was quick to grab Yoru's fist. "Nah," he warned. "But Hwasa should have the answers you want," he crossed his arms.

 Yoru grinned. "I like it. JK in Korea looks like a MILF fucker," he told Kazuo and Noda.