✭ Chapter 2 ✭

~⋆✭⋆~

~⋆✭⋆~

⋆Eating to survive⋆

~⋆✭⋆~

"Before we start this training I would like to have breakfast and chat with you," he says in a calm voice and then signals you to take a seat in front of him at a table with... weird looking food.

You want to look away from the table, but you have to look at least a little brave in front of him, you wouldn't want your true emotions to show.

Your fear of him...

You take a seat in front of him and start waiting for him to say something

"You haven't greeted me yet..." he says while closing his eyes

"A..ah...good morning," You say in a low voice, loud enough for him to hear you.

"Mhm, that's better. Eat up, you will need energy for today's classes"

you look down at the food disgusted, the food is nothing you had ever seen before, is colored with bright colors, like a poisonous reptile. Nothing looks edible.

You let out a murmur

"I am not hungry" Your lie is obvious, you haven't eaten since yesterday. You are starving.

"I refuse to believe that, you look like an animal ready to eat its own flesh to survive...on purpose, I prepared traditional Devildom food, if you are living in the other two realms there is no way to get the ingredients for these recipes unless you come to Devildom yourself to get them."

" I figured you should get used to food from Devildom as fast as possible, considering this will be your new home from now on. Come on now, without fear, try them! I wouldn't poison my only student on the first day!" Then he lets out a soft giggle.

You can't trust him, his wording makes it seem like he will poison you, just not on the first day. You examine the food. You look around, maybe something looks ... somehow edible. You lay eyes on a dish that looks like octopus legs. There are three purple octopus legs. Considering the other foods either look like a Nikalodion failed slime project or a sugar rush dessert made by a 3-year-old in a public bathroom, the octopus legs suddenly sound very appetizing.

You take a small bite and you are pleasantly surprised 'This isn't half bad...!' you think to yourself while taking another bite and before you know it the octopus legs are gone before your eyes. After becoming half harpy you started eating food without munching too much, just like a bird. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just not the type of thing you would want anybody to see you doing... swallowing the food whole. Considering Barbatos is a demon, maybe he eats in an uglier way than you, so no shame ...as long as you are not the one weirder here.