Chapter 3: Awakening

7/25 - Daytime - Futaba's palace

The distortions end, and you quickly realize that you and the other thieves are in the middle of a desert.

Y/n: What the!?

Yusuke: Its a desert...

Y/n: Nice one, Captain Obvious. Is this really the metaverse?

Ryuji: I mean, it has to be. But our clothes didnt change.

Y/n: Oh right, you did say that happens when you enter the Metaverse.

Morgana: Futaba herself asked us to steal her heart, your clothes didnt change because she doesnt see us as a threat yet. It'd be odd if she did.

Y/n: Woah! Morgana, is that you!?

Morgana: Huh? Oh right, you havent seen me like this yet. This is the form i take when i enter the metaverse.

Y/n: I see...

Morgana: I should also say now that we dont use our real names in the metaverse, we use codenames.

Y/n: Codenames?

Morgana: Yeah. Mine is Mona. Ren's is Joker. Ryuji's is Skull. Lady Ann's is Panther, Makoto's is Queen and Yusuke's is Fox

Y/n: I see... i'll have to remember that.

Morgana: Anyways, Skull! I told you to be cautious! Why'd you activate the navigator like that! Now we have a non persona user in the metaverse! Thats dangerous!

Ryuji: Calm down, Mona. We should focus on the fact that we're in a desert and no where near a tomb.

Ann: Even though we enetered right infront of her room, we didnt end up inside it.

Makoto: She must really want to keep people away from her.

Ann: I see.

Ryuji: Lets just hurry up and get goin. Where's the palace?

Morgana: Is it that way?

Morgana looks off into the distance where there is a bright shining.

Ryuji: Oh yeah, there's somethin shiny.

Makoto: A tomb in the desert... I see. Anyway, lets make our way there.

Y/n: Its pretty far though...

Ryuji: Are we gonna walk!?

Morgana: Of course not! My paws will get burned!

Morgana takes a few steps forward, and transforms into a small bus with ease.

Y/n: Woah, what the hell!?

Ryuji: Oh right, Y/n, Mona can kinda just... do that. Its best not to question it.

Y/n: Okay...

Ryuji: Anyway, lets roll!

You all get into the Mona bus, and start driving in the direction of the shining.

After a while of driving, you all arive at the source of the shining, a pyramid. Morgana returns to his normal form.

Ann: Its so hot...

Ryuji: The AC wasnt working at all!

Y/n: Yeah, Mona. That was like, lukewarm air.

Morgana: That was the best i could do, so quit your yapping, the two of you!

Ryuji: For real, you are so half-assed!

Morgana: What was that!? You wanna fight, punk!?

Y/n: Mona, pleeease shut up... its so hot and irritating, i dont want to have to listen to your voice alongside it...