Chapter 15: Several Days

It's been three days since Hendrickson went on that mission, he came back yesterday but I haven't really talked to him. I want to go talk to Dreyfus about that power though, which is where I'm heading now. I find him talking to one of his knights, I politely wait for him to finish before going up to him.

"Hey, Dreyfus!" I smile walking up to him; he turns his head and smiles softly.

"Hey Y/n, I suppose you're ready to start training?" Do I really seem that egger?

"That obvious?" I nervously laugh, he nods.

"Well, c'mon let's get to it." He starts walking, I follow. "If you're fainting every time you use this power then that means you can't control how much of it, you're using."

"I can't control any part of it, nor do I even remember using it, I just remember feeling a lot of anger and adrenaline and then everything gets too fuzzy to remember." He ponders for a moment before nodding.

"You don't know how to activate it on command do you?"

"No sir." I look at my feet as he sighs.

"This is going to take a while." We head to an area that is far enough away from the village that Hendrickson won't bother us, and I wouldn't be able to cause any damage.

"You know how to control your own magical ability right?" Dreyfus asks me while he sets some things up.

"Yeah, but my power by itself is a support ability."

"Start thinking about bad memories, we'll start there." He turns his head to me; I know I look shocked.

"What? Why?"

"You don't know how to control your emotions or at least the negative ones so, we need you to come to terms or accept anything that brings bad memories up." I look at my feet, I don't like thinking about that stuff.

"Do I have to?"

"Well, if you mastered this power, you could probably stand a chance in a fight against me or Hendrickson." I sigh. "But if you don't learn how to control it you will end up hurting the wrong person."

"Okay, okay..."

"First things first you should accept that it's in the past and you can't do anything about it."

"I already know that." I look up to him. "I learned that a long time ago." The dull expression on my face is enough to make him question it.

"Learned it or accepted it?"

"Revenge doesn't fix anything."

"That's not what I asked." I look away from him again. "Have you accepted that it's in the past and you can't change it?" I look back up at him. That dark energy I've been sensing from him just got a lot stronger. "If you have emotions bottled up with this kind of power it'll explode and consume you." I take a deep breath.

"The past isn't important or necessary for the future. Revenge doesn't fix past mistakes. And thinking about the past doesn't help with anything." He studies my expression for a moment before nodding.

"Very well. Then we are going to train until you can't anymore, and then we're going to keep training." I nod in response. And he wasn't kidding, by the time I went him my entire body wasn't working anymore.  

(Time skip brought to you by the fake Dreyfus)

"Good morning, planning on disappearing all day again?" Hendrickson asks as I sit down for breakfast. I look up at him for a second before I start eating, I'm starving.