Chapter 16: True Colors (Part One)

"How about we speed things up a little? I can sense them." Merlin asks before turning her head to me. "Here, it would be smarter if you were in disguise." Merlin waves her hand and quickly a long cloak that looks just like Merlin's surrounds me. "There we go. Now, shall we?"

"We shall." Arthur says as he puts his helmet on.

"Agreed." I smile. Merlin nods before snapping her fingers. And just like that we're in front of the south gate along with a massive army behind us. Must be an illusion cast from Merlin.

"You should stay quiet in case anyone recognizes your voice." Arthur whispers, I nod. It takes a moment before the gate opens and the person who walks through is annoyingly familiar.

"I am one of the Holy Kight's Grand Masters of Liones, Sir Hendrickson. I know you are a king from a nation to our south, but showing up here without sending an emissary in advance is somewhat discourteous, is it no?" Hendrickson greets.

"I am Arthur Pendragon, King of Camelot. Apologies for my rudeness. Years ago, the king of Liones showed me great kindness, and I've come to express my gratitude." Arthur sounds very polite, but that childish tone is still there, it makes me sigh.

"With an army?"

"I felt that I wouldn't be granted an audience unless I did so."

"Really?" And with that Merlin snaps her fingers making the army disappear. The knights with Hendrickson seem shocked but he is completely unphased. Until a slight smile crosses his lips. "A most impressive display to be sure. But sadly, I regret to inform you that the king of Liones has suddenly fallen ill and is currently bedridden. I must ask you to turn back."

"All the more reason I cannot do so. My companions here have the ability to cure the king's illness." Hendrickson pauses for a moment before looking at Arthur.

"We truly appreciate your goodwill, but I insist you leave right now." That almost sounds like a threat. Arthur takes his helmet off with a childlike smile.

"I refuse."

"How dare you!" One of the knights' steps forward but Hendrickson blocks them with his arm.

"Sorry, come again?" Hendrickson asks through his teeth.

"Lord Hendrickson, it's obvious that you're facing a problem that you would prefer to keep from outsiders. But we would gladly offer you our aid in resolving this problem." Arthur says. This almost feels like gaslighting. Hendrickson sighs before letting us in. 

We quietly walk for a while; Merlin leans next to me and places something in my hand.

"Huh?" I very quietly hum. I sense it, the scary energy. It's Meliodas.

"Steal the spell, and place this on your dead fairy knight." Merlin whispers while gesturing to Hendrickson. I nod. Suddenly Hendrickson stops walking and snaps his fingers which causes his knights to guard up.

"Hey, what exactly do you think you're pulling here!?" Arthur asks while glancing around. Hendrickson looks back.

"It's quite common for envoys to be assassinated in foreign nations. Even if said envoy is the king himself." Hendrickson tilts his head back. "Now, what's your angle?" Arthur childishly laughs while nervously rubbing the back of his head.

"Well, that's my little secret." Suddenly Hendrickson's mage appears.

"Oh, my! This is a pretty predicament. Shall I lend you a hand?" Vivian asks.

"Where did you put the last fragment?"

"In the underground dungeon at the palace. Should I have waited until the ritual to bring it?"

"The Seven Deadly Sins have descended on the capital. So just make certain that none of them can steal it."

"So, the Sins have already arrived? Understood. Good day and I bid adieu to the pretty boy and sorry mage's too." Vivian waves farewell before vanishing.

"That woman must have been a mage of Liones to be able to teleport like that." Arthur points out before Hendrickson charges him.

"That isn't any of your concern." Arthur is quickly sent flying backwards. I have to bite my tongue to stay calm. Arthur is like a little brother so seeing him getting hurt is infuriating. Suddenly a small stream of blood cuts Hendrickson's forehead, Arthur must've gotten a hit, very good!

"Grand Master Hendrickson!" One of the knights' shouts as he notices it as well. Hendrickson scoffs slightly before walking towards Arthur.

"Arthur Pendragon. You are not a king in name alone, I see." The dust clears and Arthur is in a defensive position.

"So, this is a Holy Knights Grand Master's strength. I think I might be able to handle you." That sounded like an insult which makes me giggle.

"We will lend you out support." One of his knights offer.

"Focus your efforts on the opponents behind you." I look over to see Merlin levitating upwards, I mimic her. This quickly turns into a two v two that doesn't last very long, I know these knights moves so it's easy. 

While fighting I sense a giant's power being flung across the capital. I think it's Diane the Serpent Sin. Not long afterwards I can see Howey's tornado along with attacks that match Guila's. I wonder what's going on.

After a lot of magic clashing, I sense specially Spirt Spear Chastiefol which means King is here. Why do I sense Helbram's magic next to it? Does that mean? Oh no. A second later a large root sprouts out of the ground and seeing it, I know it's Helbram and King fighting. This is bad very, very bad.

"I have to go!" I shout to Merlin, she nods, and I take off towards them. Please don't do anything stupid, please don't do anything stupid Helbram.

A lot more roots rise from the ground, damnit Helbram! Stop this! King's power just rose very high, King please don't! The world feels like it's slowed down, or everything is moving far too fast for me to keep up. I swear I'm flying as fast as I can but I'm not fast enough. I can feel my eyes watering, the idea of either of those two dying. It hurts so badly. I Can hear Helbram scream something to his Holy Knights and my blood starts to boil.

"Please!" I mutter shout. It's getting so hard to see my vision is so blurry. "Helbram! King!" I shout as I can finally see them fighting. "Please stop..." I mutter.

"You can rest now, Helbram." I hear King say as Helbram frustratedly shouts before going quiet. And everything freezes.  My blood quickly switches from being a boiling hot to a freezing cold.