3:2 Goodbyes Sure Do Suck

Goodbyes Sure Do Suck
Part 2
————

Goodbyes Sure Do SuckPart 2————

————

RECAP

"Phoenix?" He repeated. "So what does that mean for Landon?"

Landon looked down before looking up at Rafael. "I'm guessing it means I become human. Mortal?" He questioned, earning a nod and a half sad yet reassuring smile from Lizzie. "Which is probably why Kate isn't here to tell me herself." Landon complained.

Lizzie then felt her blood start to boil ever so slightly at the fact he spoke about you like that. "She would be here, Landon, but she didn't want to face Rafael and you. Not because she's scared of the outcome, but because she's upset at the fact you decided to run off." Lizzie scolded not only Landon but also Rafael. "Don't blame her choices on her because of your actions." Lizzie stated before walking off.

The boys stood there for a moment before following after the blonde.

————

Lizzie and Rafael were inside the gym, Lizzie getting the spell ready obviously while Rafael just paced anxiously. Lizzie was holding a book about the spell you had found, reading the 'instructions' as she grabbed a handful of leaves and made a circle around the Trident.

Curiosity took over Rafael as he walked over. "What is that thing?" Rafael asked, nervousness evident in his voice.

Lizzie looked up, calmer than when she last spoke to him. "Oh, no name." She replied. "But the 'Fork of Saving Your Ass' has a nice ring to it." Lizzie joked, the corner of her lip curving into a smile.

Rafael chuckled softly as he lifted the Trident up. "You built this today?" He questioned, almost surprised Lizzie was able to do this.

"Yeah." She breathed out, looking down at the Trident.

"Damn, girl." Rafael complimented.

Lizzie then looked up into his eyes. "You want to thank me? Be sure to tell my dad how awesome I am. Sometimes I think he wonders." Lizzie explained.

Rafael placed down the Trident. "He'll figure it out. Your dad's a good guy." Rafael complimented once again, Lizzie smile no longer there. "You're lucky, you know? To have a dad like him. Who makes mistakes because he's trying to protect you." Rafael explained sadly, crouching down next to the circle in the middle of the gym.

Rafael let out a sigh while Lizzie made her way over. "Well, at least you have the moppet and cousin-girlfriend." Lizzie says, adding her nicknames for you and Landon to try and lighten the mood a little.

Rafael glanced up at her. "Yeah." Rafael said. "But I hate that it has to come to this for him. And I hate that Kate hates me right now." Rafael commented, looking down sadly.