6. redheads, swords, and pets

Walking around and getting all of my school shopping done, I visit Flourish and Blotts Bookshop, to see if I can find anything that'll explain my newfound powers. I couldn't find anything that would help, so giving up I make my way over to a cage tucked away in the back of the shop. It rattled and growled and when I saw it, I knew I had to have it, even if it would be too early for it. Opening the cage, I stroked the spine of The Monster Book of Monsters and it instantly calmed down and became quite docile with me, purring and such. Next to the cage was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander.  Carrying both books I walked up to the cashier, the young man looked quite surprised that the Monster Book wasn't trying to eat me. "How the bloody Hell did you get that thing to calm down?!" "You stroke the spine. Simple as that." 'I feel like a cheat sheet to the world.' I payed, put the books in my purse and left the shop.

'Now all that's left is Olivanders and Eeylops Owl Emporium!' Walking into the famous wand shop, 'literally everyone in my world would kill to be able to do this,'  I see I was behind a family, a redheaded family....the Weasley's. "I'll be right with you Miss Anna," a bit surprised that Olivander knew who I was, I just nodded. The twins, Fred and George, and their brother Ron and little sister Ginny turned to me and smiled. "Hello- are you - a first year?" Asked the twins, first Fred then George. 'Thank God for PotterMore.' "Yup, I just moved here from Salem Massachusetts, U.S. The name's Anna Baba Yaga, loves." "Oh, an American, we've never met one before, I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley." I shake his hand. "I'm George- I'm Fred." The twins said with mischievous smiles. I knew they were trying to trick me; I gave them an equally mischievous smile, "Nice try, you switched. You *points at Fred* are Fred and you *points at George* are George!" I said proudly. They looked surprised and I could hear their mother, Molly Weasley, chuckle in amusement at her children's faces. "Nice to meet you deary, I'm Molly Weasley, and this little one is my daughter Ginny. My son Percy is getting a wand; He just made Gryffindor Prefect!" "Percy's a Bighead!" Said the Twins together with big grins. "Oh hush you two!" Giggling I say, "congratulations to him then. I was hoping to get into Gryffindor too!" "Brilliant! Our family's all been in Gryffindor, I hope I get in there as well." I smiled at Ron, 'Holy Hugh Jackman, I'm talking to the Weasley's!' "Mum, I've got my wand. It's 11" and- oh hello?" He finally noticed me standing with his family. "Percy dear, this is Anna Baba Yaga. Do look out for her during school?" "Not to worry mother, I'll do it." He says a bit stiffly. 'Classic Percy, the Prat didn't even introduce himself.'

"I'm ready for you now Anna Baba Yaga." Olivander called from his place behind the counter. "It was great meeting all of you, I hope to see you guys on the train!" I received goodbyes and goodlucks and "see you there shorty" from the twins as the red headed clan left. Olivander watched the whole interaction with a knowing look in his eye. 'What is with everyone and that look?' I thought skeptically as I approached the Old wand maker. "Hello Miss Anna, I'vebeen most anxious for your arrival, I hope we all can expect great things from you. Now, I don't think you need a wand as you already have one, Madam Calypso I presume? Which is your dominant arm?"
'I'm not even surprised he knew this, but then why was he expecting me?' "I'm ambidextrous sir." "Ahh, just like your Grandmother Baba Yaga." He says with a twinkle in his eye.

'Jesus christ. "Of course you'd know my Grandmother Baba. Though how do people know her if she was from my world?" I asked, a bit exasperated.

"That is because she wasn't from "your world," she was from here. And I do believe she left you something here...." He left to retrieve said something, leaving me in disbelief.

"Wait a damn minute; If she was from here then why leave to go to my world?" 'My old world was kinda crappy...except for Nana, the woods and my friends.'