Farewell

"Why're you up so early, Ash?" Delia turns off the stove, and smiles at her son. "No sleeping in today?"

"Hopefully I don't disappoint you, okasan. But I'm going to go on another journey, I think I missed some things in the regions. Actually, I missed a lot. And I want to go explore those unknown things to me." Ash sits at the table and strokes Pikachu, who sits on his shoulder.

"Pika pika!" Pikachu smiles and leaps in front of Delia, who smiles and strokes Pikachu just like Ash did. "Pika..." Pikachu tells something is wrong with Delia's smile. It isn't real, and she's a little disappointed. Actually, really disappointed.

"Ash, I'm... I don't know how to put it. But you leave too early. I want you to stay more." Delia says. "But I understand that you have to go." She smiles again and places a plate of eggs and pancakes in front of Ash. He thanks his mom and shoves his meal down.

"Okasan, I'm sorry. I have to go. I might not see you again personally, but I will find you someday."

"You should get going, my Champion Musuko. Remember, I will always love you." Delia hugs Ash tightly and pats Pikachu. Ash gets up and stands at the door before taking a step onto the dirt path that leads to Route 21.

"Arigato, okasan." Ash slowly walks off, away from Delia's view.

Author's note:

Okasan means mom in Japanese, and Musuko means son. I decided to kick some of it in there.