Gary's Words

Ash breathes in the fresh, crisp air of Route 21. "Oh Arceus, I forgot." Ash pulls down his hat to cover his face. He places a miniature top hat on Pikachu, to prevent fans. It's his home town, and everyone has been talking about him lately. He turns a corner, and notices a shadow at his feet. The shadow has spiky hair, and he can make out a Blastoise behind the shadow.

"Gary Oak." Ash says with confidence.

"Ash Ketchum." Gary says, and pats Ash on the back.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Gary." Ash pulls his hat up, knowing that he's safe with Gary. Gary's former fangirls weren't with him, now rejecting him as Ash is the new strongest trainer in the world. "What have you been up to?" Ash asks, and holds out a hand.

"I have a question for you. By the way, I've just been walking around, battling everybody. Again." Gary takes Ash's hand and shakes it. "Ash, have you ever thought about... Love?"

"Have you ever thought about love? Love... LOVE?"  Ash stands there, lips pursed. "I've never thought about it, um... Except for now." Ash stands there as his memories flash back to him.

Serena's kiss on the lips, he never seemingly reacted. It was like she'd never kissed him. Misty and him in the cage, caught by Team Rocket. Each small kiss on his cheek, he remembered. But there was something else... Chloe. New trainer, unsure what Eevee would evolve into, and her perseverance and shyness. His face turned red. Did he like her? But did Chloe like him? The fossil. She does like him.

"Earth to Ash!" Gary waves a hand, and Ash snaps back to reality. "You turned red there. So you do love someone!" Gary laughs, "I have to go now, thanks for answering. Smell ya later!" Gary waves as Ash pulls down his hat to cover his blush.

"Pika, pika?" Pikachu cocks its head in wonder.

"Pikachu, we need to find Chloe."