Chapter 17: True Colors (Part Two)

"Helbram..." I mutter as blood gushes from his shoulder. King must've managed to get a small cut off before using disaster. I land on a mostly destroyed tower staring at Helbram as he falls out of the sky. I feel frozen, my body doesn't want to move it almost hurts.

"Huh?" King looks around before shaking his head and landing beside Helbram who's reaching for his Helmet. He's still alive if I don't do anything that'll change, I clinch the amulet in my hand, I never took the spell. I clinch my teeth I'm so sorry I failed. I get down staying out of their sight.

"Hey. It's been a long time, hasn't it, Harlequin?" Helbram barely has enough strength to speak. "You know that helmet was actually supposed to be a present for you." King is holding the helmet, placing it onto Helbram's chest. "Isn't that funny? There was something about it that..." he takes a deep breath. "I kind of thought you'd like, so I got it from a Human. But what an idiot I was." I start walking towards them, but it doesn't feel like I'm in control of my body. "One good look at it and anyone would tell you that it's lame." I'm behind King.

"Yeah, you're right. In the end, you really are... Such an idiot." King's crying as Helbram smiles and closes his eyes. King stands up and wipes the tears from his eyes.

"Move."

"Eh!?" He quickly snaps around shocked at the cold dark voice. "Y/n?"

"You heard me." Wait, that's my voice? He doesn't seem to want to get between whatever was going on with me, so he does as told. It's like I'm in autopilot, I don't know what's happening. I crouch down beside Helbram and I place my hands on his shoulder before taking a deep breath and trying to heal him.

"Y/n!? Are you really about to heal that monster!?" Howzer ask. As I stare at the blue light coming from my hands, I can't help but notice my wrist and up is a jet-black color.

"Y/n?" King mutters. Helbram's wound closes and the blood quickly dries, but he doesn't wake up.

"Please?" I mutter leaning closer to Helbram trying to hear a heartbeat. I grab onto his shirt and start crying. "Why?" I mutter. "I tried so hard; I don't understand." King shakes his head before flying up to Diane and talking to her. "Please wake up, I found a way to free you from Hendrickson." I whisper.

"Those shock waves look pretty intense." King says regarding something I'm not paying attention to.

"Get up! You stupid grumpy old man!" I shout as I slam my hands against his chest.

"Y/n he's dead, calm down!" Guila shouts. trying to grab my attention. Getting frustrated I raise my hand.

"SHUT UP!" I shout as my entire hand turns a very dark but almost glowing purple-ish red, and as if it were a fire ability it shoots towards her.

Suddenly my wrist is grabbed causing me to stop.

"Huh?" I glance around before my eyes widen and I look down.

"You truly are the most annoying human, aren't you?" His voice is weak and breaky but it's still his.

"Helbram!?" King shouts confused.

"Are we making you crying on me a habit now? It's annoying I'd rather that not be a thi-" he tries to mock but I cut him off with a happy hug forcing him to sit up. Why am I so happy now? I guess we have become somewhat close friends but, this is so...

"You scared me, you stupid old man." I scold but can't help but smile. "Do it again and I'm getting Helquin to melt that stupid helmet!" I threaten but he just laughs at me as he puts his arms around me. He sighs.