Chapter 12

"So...where is he?" Koda asked nervously from atop Optimus' shoulder. They'd returned to base a little while ago. Only to see the main monitor with the names of some Autobots.

"Down on the lower levels with Silas," Arcee replied swiftly.

Optimus looked at the monitor once more before looking at the femme, "How long has he been down there?"

"Not long."

The Prime looked at Koda, "Would you like to remain here or go down to see him?"

"If Ratchet's down there I'm coming with you," Koda replied sternly. Ignoring a small pain in her leg as she moved a bit.

But before any of the bots could move Ratchet emerged from a hallway. His usual grumpy look was there. He went straight to the med bay, saying nothing.

Koda gave a gentle pat on Optimus' shoulder. A signal that both had gotten used to. Carefully the Prime set Koda down on the platform near her crutches. She hopped over to them and situated herself.

The bots watched as she made her way down the stairs and over to med bay. Moving fairly fast for having crutches.

When Koda walked into med bay she saw Ratchet walking back and forth between different things. Mumbling to himself.

"Hey Ratchet," Koda called from the ground.

No reply.

"Dad?"

Still no reply, just the swift pedesteps of the medic moving around.

Koda huffed, "Alrighty then...Sire!!"

SCREECH

"Oh scrap! Are you okay?" Koda asked the medic. He'd come to such an abrupt stop that the medic almost lost his footing.

"I-I am fine Koda," Ratchet replied quickly.

"Yeah okay. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Do I need to hit you upside the helm with a wrench?"

"No! I'm just busy, that's all."

"Okay Mr. I'm-working-myself-to-the-bone-to-find-answers-for-something-so-Koda-will-keep-nagging-me-till-I-give-her-an-answer."

"Fine, fine!" Ratchet huffed. He showed Koda a datapad that was in hand.

She read the information on it, "So what you're saying is I have Energon in me? And you're trying to figure out which Autobots were killed? I'm a freak because of Silas' crazy antics? Ep, ep, ep! I'm not finished," Ratchet had tried to interrupt but was silenced by Koda's glare.

The medic kept his mouth shut.

"And he should be thrown into a box deep down into the center of the earth for killing Autobots and using their blood to change me? Also you're trying to find out whether your Conjunx is alive or not?" She asked quite a few questions. But raised a hand before Ratchet could attempt to speak again, "And you're doing it alone?"

"Uhmm...I was going to tell you," Ratchet said quietly.

"Mhmmm."

"Koda, I just figured this out yesterday while you were gone!"

Koda took a breath, "Did you at least get some leads?"

"I've gathered some intel, from both the base's database and Silas. It should be enough to lead us to some of MECHS old base's," Ratchet replied as he picked up the datapad and set it on a counter before kneeling down in front of Koda again.