Chapter 8 - Cat's pupils

The next day, I woke up in my bed, which I didn't remember getting into, and Katsuki scolded me for falling asleep in his bed and having to carry me back to mine because he couldn't wake me up. When I fall asleep transformed into an animal, I unconsciously transform back into a human.

As Katsuki and I were heading towards UA, we saw that the door was filled with journalists, and they immediately pounced on us. Katsuki and I tried to avoid them, but a girl tried to reach us with a microphone in her hand.

"Excuse me! Can you talk to me about All Might... Oh? You're the one who was captured by the sludge villain..." My brother grimaced in annoyance.

"Leave us alone." We managed to enter UA when they realized my brother wasn't very friendly.

When we arrived, Aizawa told us that it was our turn to choose the class representative. Almost the entire class raised their hands, except for me. I didn't want to do it because I knew myself, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to organize a whole class. They handed me a paper where we had to write down our vote.

"Who are you planning to vote for?" Jiro asks me.

"I don't know, the only ones I know well are my brother and Izuku."

"You could vote for me," Denki says, approaching my desk. Jiro and I laugh. "What?" He asks, confused.

"Nothing, Kaminari, it's just that... I don't see you being able to control a class," Jiro says teasingly.

"What are you talking about? I'm perfectly capable of..." He leans on my desk but miscalculates and nearly falls to the ground. Jiro and I have a hard time stopping our laughter. In the end, I decide to vote for Izuku. After all, having my brother as the class representative wouldn't be very... How can I put it without offending Katsuki in my thoughts... suitable, although that's not the best word to describe it.

The votes are noted on the board, with Izuku in first place and Momo in second.

During lunchtime, I sat with Denki, Mina, Kirishima, and Sero. We dind't know where my brother had gone. While we eat and chat, we hear an alarm.

"What was that?" I ask, taking off my cat ears since the loud noises hurt me.

"Level 3 security breach. All students evacuate immediately."

"What does level 3 mean?" Sero asks.

"It means that an unauthorized person entered the school grounds," Yaoyorozu informs us as she approaches the table.

Everyone starts rushing out, and Kirishima grabs my arm to help me get out. We get separated as people are frantic to leave. I bump into a blond boy who turns to look at me.

"Sorry," I say. I am pushed again and unintentionally end up closer to him. "Ah!"

"Well, you have a very peculiar quirk," he says. I look at him and see him smiling at me, and he... he has cat ears?! I am pushed again forcefully, and we start to get squeezed.

"How do you... have ears like mine? What's your quirk?" I ask, bewildered.

"Let us through and stop chatting!" Someone pushes me, and I almost fall to the ground.

"Hey, watch it, idiot!" I shout in frustration. I feel overwhelmed being surrounded by so many people in such a small space, pushing me relentlessly as they try to make their way. I navigate through the crowd, unable to do anything. I find the grey eyes of the blond boy I collided with, and I see that he's still looking at me. I can't bear this overcrowding, so I decide to transform into an eagle and fly away from there. I find Katsuki in the courtyard, struggling to move in the opposite direction of the crowd. I transform back into a human.