The Bros - Chapter 5 (College Life)

If I thought the day on the yard as a freshman at the freshman picnic was heaven, boy was I wrong. Walking the yard as a Kappa, took that experience to a whole other level. Al and I still had the same girlfriends, and ironically April and Eboni had also pledged together and were members of Alpha Delta. The good part about our women was they were hard-working college students who were focused on their education and living out their dreams. April wanted to go to med school and be a doctor and Eboni wanted to go to law school to be an attorney. They were focused on their goals, which was good. because they didn't have time nor the energy to be worrying about what we were doing.

And we were partying. There were women, parties, alcohol, more women, the parties seemed to never end. Rickie and I used to have a contest, we would see who could have sex on the most consecutive nights with a different woman every night, and never the same one. I got all the way up to nine one time. But, Rickie, damn. He got up to 16 once and 14 another time. That was the life.

We traveled all over the south going to different campuses and attending every major event at everybody's college. I think Rickie was probably the most popular Kappa in all of the south. I do not think there was a campus in the south where Rickie did not know our frat brothers there and that Rickie did not have women on campus.

We went to the University of Alabama one weekend for a step show. Rickie and I were hanging out and he told me to come with. We left the party and went to the Alpha Delta house on campus there. Rickie climbed in the front window.

I was standing here thinking, why are we climbing in the front window and how the hell he did he know the window would be open? This was not even our campus and Rickie was going through this window like he has done this before and knew what he was doing. He actually came and opened the door for me.

We walked in and it was really late and quiet in the house. He told me I could sleep downstairs on the couch as he disappeared upstairs into one of the bedrooms. I was confused as to how he was so comfortable doing this, but dead-ass tired at the same time. I lay down and crashed on a couch downstairs in the huge sorority house.

I woke up the next morning to two women in their pajamas, shaking me. They asked me who was I; they were not upset or seemed worried, more so just questioning who I was since they did not know me. They acted like they woke up often with strange men sleeping on their couch.

Half awake, I introduced myself. I told one of them I remembered seeing her last night at the party. She recalled now seeing me. And she then said, "You were with Rickie, weren't you?" I said yes and they just kind of giggled and shook their heads. One of them said, "I wonder whose room Rickie in now." The other one said, "You know what damn room he's in, go get his ass." They were acting like this was a common occurrence with Rickie, but this was two hours from our school, so how the hell were they that familiar with him? This guy knew women everywhere.

The one girl was now walking back down the stairs with Rickie, and I just knew we were about to be led out the door. But this is Rickie we are talking about. Instead of being led out the door, we were led into the kitchen as the girls started preparing breakfast. I looked at Rickie thinking, how the hell... we broke into their house and then convinced them to cook us breakfast?

So, there we were in the Alpha Delta sorority house having them cooking us breakfast and talking about the step show and party from the night before. Then the girl that Rickie actually spent the night in her room came down to the kitchen. It dawned on me, Rickie had some girls cooking us breakfast and these not even the ones who he spent the night with. Rickie was just that type of guy, the ultimate party animal, ladies' man who everybody loved.