37

August 2
August,

My released process was done. I don't know how I got released. I've asked everyone if they paid my bail and everyone denied. The charges were dropped they weren't able to find anything. I can't say I'm happy I'm out. I feel like whoever paid that bill has more in store for me and it's not something good. Lonte and I will have to get to the bottom of this.

Bernice hugged me. "Hi." I greeted. "Hi." She repeated. "Did you figure out who-" "No." I interrupted. We let go of each other. She gave me my phone. I saw messages that read: out of jail? that's a good thing. It also contained a laughing emoji and a devil one. It was from a number that wasn't saved.

Lonte got out a day earlier than me. I texted him to see if he got any weird texts. "What's wrong?" Bernice asked when we got in the car. "Nothing." I didn't want her to worry about something I'm not sure about. "Babe, we said we won't hide things from each other anymore." She sighed.

I showed her the message. She gasped. "Someone is definitely out to get y'all. Maybe someone that's close to Kingpin or someone that wants revenge for your past dealings." She brainstormed. Must be someone that's close to him.

Lonte said he got a message too and he's already trying to track the number down. She took a left turn onto the highway. "You like this car." I noticed. She smiled. "Can I keep it?" She asked. The car is a white BMW X3 which is her favorite color. It has all the features she wants. Her car engine broke down so she's been using one of mine. "Yeah, go ahead." I said.

Before I got locked up, I was going to start planning my proposal to her. I wish I could start doing it but I don't know what's going to happen to me. We're about to have three kids which is a lot. I wonder what her family thinks about that knowing that her parents don't like me and we're only in a relationship.

"The kids can't wait to see you." She stated. "I can't wait to see them to." I reciprocated. I miss spending time with them. I miss watching their shows with them and even their arguments. Seeing them and being with them are different things and it's hard.

"Thank you." I told Bernice. "For what?" She chuckled nervously. "For everything. For taking care of the kids when I'm not there and being there for me when you could've given up on me." I explained. "I'm here for you and I'm very sorry-" "That has passed. Let's forget about that." I told her.

When we got to my place she told me to wash up then I should come down to eat. I took a long shower. It's been a while since I've taken one for over five minutes.

I went downstairs and saw plates on the table. She bought the food to the table. "It smells good. What did you make?" I wondered. "Your favorite." She smiled. "Fried chicken and collard greens." I said. "Yep." She poured some sprite into our cups then we sat down and ate.

"I was thinking maybe the kids and I could move in with you. I think it's better-" I kissed her. I've been waiting for the time she finally agrees to.

Kaylee,

Lonte's back and he's getting on my nerves. Normally, a man is supposed to spend time with his family when he gets back from jail. He's not doing that. He's busy tracing a number because he and August seem to be in danger.

Someone is always after them. It never ends. That's what comes with the business they do. August stopped and I begged Lonte to stop but he won't listen. August stopped because he was putting his kids and Bernice in danger but it seems like Lonte is ok with that happening.

"You're overreacting." Lonte mentioned. I crossed my arms with a frown on my face. "Really? How many times have you held Ezra? How many times have you shooed me away? How many Lonte?" I asked.

He put away the computer. "You can't even answer that and you say that I'm overreacting." I rolled my eyes. He stood up and came towards me. "You are. You know what's at stake and if I figured this out then I can do all that you need me to do." He said.

"I am not. You do not need to track it down all damn day." I mentioned. "August can't help because he wants to be around his family and I don't want to give it to any of the boys because I can't trust them with this. I need to." He explained. "What about yours?" I questioned.

He looks confused. "What about your own family?  We want to be with you but you are pushing everyone away, even your own mom." I told him. His mom came by today to visit. All he did was say hi and then he disappeared. She was really upset. She stayed a bit and held Ezra. I apologized to her and told her that's how he's been treating everyone.

"This is really important." He determined. "More than your own family." I turned around to walk away. He put his hand on my arm. "No. It's not." He contradicted. "Act like it then." I went downstairs and sat next to my mom who is carrying a sleeping Ezra.  What he says and how he acts are different things. I am believing his actions not his words. Words don't mean much when actions aren't following those words.

"You should put him down. Your hands don't hurt from carrying him all day?" I asked. "He'll cry if I put him down." She said. Cocomelon is on the tv when he doesn't even understand what he's looking at. I told my mom she can watch whatever she wants while with him but she refuses.

I noticed Lonte come downstairs. I didn't even look at him. "I can take him to his bed." Lonte offered. My mom looked at me and I tilt my head. She gave Ezra to Lonte. "Babe. Can we talk?" Lonte asked. I followed him upstairs to our room without saying anything.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you and Ezra feel like I don't care about you two. Y'all are my world." He apologized. Apology accepted? No. I need to see him change. "You did though." I mentioned. "I know and I'm going to change that." He reassured.

"You better." I glared. He chuckled. He decided to put Ezra to sleep in my moms room instead. I was laying in bed when he came back. He came to the bed and kissed me. "Not today." I told him.

"Babe." He said. "I need to physically see improvement before i give you anything." I mentioned. He started kissing my neck. That's my weakness. "S-stop." I said. "Are you sure?" He asked. He continued doing what he was doing and I let him. "This isn't fair." I scoffed.

He chuckled and I turned over and he climbed on top of me and we kissed. He took off my shirt and started groping my breasts. I moaned. It felt so good. He went down on me. We went at it for a couple of rounds.

In the middle of the night my mom knocked on our door. I'm a light sleeper so I heard her. I went and opened the door. She had a crying Ezra in her hands. I took him from her. "I'll take care of him. You can go back to bed." I told her.

I swayed Ezra and feed him. That didn't make him sleep. Lonte stirred in his sleep and woke up. "Hey." He said. "Hi." I spoke. I gave him the baby and he told me to sleep while he stayed up with him.