Chapter 100) Platform

With each passing second, she loses hope.

With each shake of the platform.

Each growl from a walker below her.

Y/N now sits up on the platform. The walkers still surround her just a few feet down.

She looks around for a way out of this situation. There is none. The ladder lays on the grass below.

Jumping down isn't an option. A fall from this height is extremely dangerous.

She grips the side of the railing as she looks around the community.

Walkers roam the streets. The grass. They bang on doors of houses.

Then she spots something odd in the hoard.

Rick. He's with Carl, Michonne, Gabe, Jesse and her two sons Ron and Sam.

They have sheets over their clothing and they're covered in walker remains.

Y/N's mind flashes back to Atlanta when she did the same thing with Rick and Glenn.

She watches nervously as the group maneuvers their way through the mass of decaying bodies.

The sun has started to set by now. In a matter of minutes, the light is gone.

Darkness blankets Y/N. She holds her stomach in distress. Her people are down there.

Her friends. Her family. Her husband.

They're all out there somewhere.

The only sound heard is the groaning of walkers everywhere.

Until there isn't. Suddenly a bloodcurdling scream slices through the crisp night air.

Not even a minute later and there's a singular gunshot.

Y/N frantically searches the streets until she spots Michonne swinging her sword rapidly. Behind her runs Rick, cradling Carl in his arms.

Jesse, Sam, and Ron are being feasted on by walkers all around them.

She loses sight of Rick and Michonne. For minutes she constantly scans over the area. Nothing.

Finally, she sees Rick exit medical. He has his axe in hand. He starts taking down as many walkers as he can.

Soon after, others follow.

Michonne, Heath, Aaron, Eric, Spencer, Tara, Rosita, Carol, Morgan, Maggie, Tobin, and all the other members of Alexandria.

Even Eugene and Gabriel join in.

Y/N fires off the last of her ammo, taking down four walkers.

Suddenly the platform creaks and she can feel it start to shake. It's unstable. It won't hold for much longer.

A gunshot goes off below her and she looks down to see the love of her life, distracting walkers away from her platform.

Glenn really is alive. He's back.

He's leading some away from her. She yells for him.

"Y/N!" A voice calls out.

She turns around to see Enid. She climbed up to her. Y/N doesn't even have time to question where she came from or how she made it back to Alexandria.

Y/N helps Enid onto the platform and turns back to see Glenn being cornered by dozens of walkers.

Enid starts to secure a rope to get down but Y/N can't focus on that. Her eyes are on her husband.

He's run out of ammo. The walkers are closing in.

She screams. She bangs her sword against the metal wall. The walkers don't acknowledge her attempt at a distraction.

Her eyesight is blurry as tears stream down her cheeks.

This can't be it. This can't be how their story ends.

She shuts her eyes, not knowing what to do when the sound of machine guns force her eyes open.

Abraham and Sasha stand from an elevated point, just outside the gate.

They take down all the walkers surrounding Glenn.

"Can you get the gate? Appreciate it, pal." Abe says to him.

Glenn does. Daryl drives in a large truck and the other two stand on top it, reaching up to help Y/N and Enid.

They successfully make it off the platform and stay atop the truck as Daryl drives it towards the body of water inside Alexandria.

He opens up a spout and allows gasoline to pour into the water.

The others hop down from the roof of the truck and grab their weapons to help the others take down the hoard.

When Daryl is done, they all pile into the truck, Abe driving it forward allowing for Daryl to shoot from a rocket launcher.

It lands in the water immediately setting it on fire creating a huge wave of light and heat.

It works. Dozens of walkers turn and head for the fire. They walk right into the water, catching the flames.

With the distraction in place, Abe drives the truck towards the edge of the community where Rick and the others are making their stand.

Everyone gets out of the vehicle, killing every walker that gets close.

By morning, the streets are full of walker bodies.

The fire has since gone out. Smoke still fills the air.

Y/N sits in medical. Denise does her best to make sure everything is okay with the baby.

The events that took place the night before have become clear.

Sam panicked. He got attacked. Jesse screamed. She got attacked. Ron shot Carl and Michonne killed him.

Carl has a massive hole in his head. The bullet went right through his eye.

Along with that, Deanna is dead. She got bit.

Now Y/N sits in medical just a room away from where Rick sits with Carl.

Glenn sits next to her. He holds her hand, placing a gentle kiss on it.

They sit like that for a long time.

Just happy to have each other.
————————————————————————