Part 6: Fantasies

I ignored the warnings I got from the old couple about not going anywhere near the book.
However I wanted to. And I did.

     I opened the book laying in bed and suddenly I went to sleep. Only to awake again.
But this felt odd. What is this? I thought to myself.
I felt a sudden urge to bark like a dog and wag my tail. I felt my hips moving side to side as I dropped to my hands and knees.

     I saw Oliver walking towards me and I jumped with pure glee as he clipped a leash to my new collar.
"Don't you worry, you have been adopted! Sophie will be a lovely owner for you mutt." He smiled down at me and I felt scared.

     I was led to a dark hallway where I tucked my tail between my legs and looked side to side, trying to remember as much as I could.
What is this place? Why me? 
He led me to the end of the hallway and opened the door.
It was like an indoor park. Grass growing freely, neatly cut. Toys and dogs everywhere.

     "Don't worry mutt, you are safe with me now." His soft voice cooed at her, still on the ground. 
"You will not speak human words anymore, you will not walk or use your hands." You got that?
I nodded reluctantly.

     There was a big mirror on the far side of the room and I caught a glimpse of myself.
I looked down at my hands. Or rather paws. I saw my dirty blonde fur stretch it's way across my arms and my belly.
Looking up in horror at the sight of myself I kneeled with my head down to block everything out.

     I yelped as a sharp pain cascaded through my leg and started up my back.
"Arf!" I yelped out and sprang forward. 
"Get moving stupid dog!" I looked up to see a guy with a long stick standing over me.

     "I said get moving! Time to meet Sophie." He said flatly but assertively.

I was scared of what could happen next... What is going on?