Part 8: Disaster P1

Oliver came to my apartment around 3pm and we sat watching tv for a few hours.
We had a lovely time, had some snacks, laughed and told stories, and enjoyed our evening.
What I didn't realize was the book wanted to play too.

     I first noticed it glowing softly in my room, like it had the other day in the kitchen.
Oliver must have noticed me looking over and looked too.
Much to my surprise, he seemed horrified.
"Bella how long has that thing been glowing?" He asked shakily.

     "It started last week on my kitchen counter." I replied studying his face.
"Oh no," He got up and picked up the book from where it had fallen on the floor and sealed it.
"This is bad Bella. Very bad." He held up the book and my face was drawn in glowing ink on the open page.

     "What does that mean? When I touch it, I pass out and have dreams. When you touch it nothing happens?" I can't help but feel somewhat afraid. Not of the book, but of Oliver and what he is hiding.

     "Last time it did this, it was very bad. Have you read the stories inside the book?" He asked setting the book down.
"No, I only have the dreams and usually wake up on the floor." I said looking at the book.

     "That is bad. It looks like the book wants another story. Who is in your visions?"
"Well it started out with you and then I met Sophie the other day and it has been her since." I shifted in my chair as I spoke.

     Oliver closed the book and put the latch in it's place. Placing his hand on the front of the book he muttered something under his breath before the book screamed and glowed a deep red.
"What was that?" I spat out jumping back.
"It is sleeping now, but not for much longer. We have to go. Now!" He grabbed the book and ran out the door not waiting for me.