Chapter 8- Return of the Maerv

.....

I, Luna, the protector of the moon and stars give you strength and courage of my stars. I give you the blessing of the moonlight. Arlan, I order you to execute the leaders of the four kingdoms.

.....

10 years later...

Kingdom of Maerv

Everyone is busy with the upcoming festival. It is the event named "return of the Maerv" where people celebrate their freedom from their past King. It is said that the King of the Maerv used to hunt every single one that received the blessing of the moon protector for his own gains.

They said that one day in the middle of the Great war some child wearing all white with bright blue eyes went flying to the kingdom and killed the King in the sky. Many people witnessed their King's death and instead of mourning his death, they celebrate his death.

It was a pleasant day, people dancing, singing, and playing games, some are in tents selling different type of stuff, many different things can be bought like jewelry, food, and even some swords.

The main part of this event is the play of the Maerv. Where the people from Maerv theater recreates the death of the past king in a form of a play. They imitates the exact clothes and scene, that includes the rumored child that's wearing in all white and the king.

"Make way! Make way! The zeros are coming!"

They all moved aside as they gossips with each other. Zeros is an organization that includes the people who have the blessing of the protector. They are from different kingdoms and they are trained to protect their own people. They receive special treatments, gifts, respect all the time as they are treated as a little higher than humans. What they do is they protect their people from the monsters lingering and wandering around the forest. There are currently 16 of them. Some of them controls fire, water, earth, and wind.

As the people of Maerv moves aside and gossips, the zeros have no care of what the people gossips about them. They are just simply there to witness the upcoming event and guard the kingdom for the time being.

"Are they here to watch the play?"

"I heard they fought a strong monster the other day"

"Are they really that strong?"

"Look at them with their arrogant faces!"

"Do you think they'll stay here for long?"

"Look! One of them is crazy good looking, do you think he'll like me?"

"Wow, look at the cute little girl over there."

"How old do you think that guy is over there?"

"They must be here just to receive another gift from the king, hmpp! Such greedy bastards!"

Those are just some of the people's whisperings while the group passes by them. Some of them are happy, some are not, some are envious, and some of them just doesn't care.

.......

Meanwhile with the clouds, Arlan looks outside the palace of the moon from the balcony. It looks like a fun day outside. His eyes are still cold and emotionless. Arlan is thinking of stepping out of the palace for a while but something's telling him not to, it makes him nervous. Coco sees this from the balcony, he then gets closer to him and talks.