🌙 : late nights II [ ft. sae ]

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ i'm sorry ࿐ྂ
-↓-

> .'tags ; established relationship,
angst ( no comfort ),
slight argumentation, fem?reader
( use of the term ' girlfriend ' 1x ) +.*

°•✧・ ✿ ・✧•°┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┓

*.+ 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐒𝐇𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐄, you were currently driving aimlessly on an empty road through the night. maybe an hour had passed or two since your tears had stopped falling.

eventually you had stopped somewhere along the road, and when you turned on your phone, you found multiple missed calls and multiple messages from sae being on it. he had also left some voicemails, but you were hesitating to open them.

what if he's saying that he's breaking up with you ?

a thousand of such questions ran through your mind until eventually, you clicked on the first ones.

" why did you just leave like that ? i didn't mean what I said back there and you know it...".

" why aren't you answering any of my messages or calls ? are you still not coming home yet ? "

you were confused with your own feelings. on one side, you were glad that he still cared for your safety and didn't break up with you. but on the other side, you couldn't help but wonder why you should be the one to crawl back to him now. maybe it was an egoistic thought, yet you couldn't ignore that tight feeling inside of your chest that told you to not just give in yet once more.

and just as you were about to click on the next voicemail, an incoming call from sae appeared on your phone's screen. though you were hesitating to answer it, even contemplating wether to just ignore it, you accepted the call.

" hello ? ", your voice was quiet.
" finally...", you heard him sigh on the other end of the call before he continued speaking.
" why didn't you answer any of my messages or calls ? don't worry me like that ".

there was a short silence in between the two of you until you slowly spoke up again.

" I was driving ".
" when will you be back ? ", he asked.
" I think I'll spend the night at my friend's ".
" why, y/n ? i already told you that I didn't mean what I've said back there. ", his voice grew slightly annoyed, and maybe even a bit hurt.
" sae...I think we need a pause ".
" are you breaking up with me right now ? ".

hearing the tone in his voice made your heart ache. you remained silent and didn't answer.

" y/n, answer me. are you breaking up with me ? ".

again, you remained silent. you didn't want to break up with him, you loved him dearly after all. but such statements don't just happen by accident.

" look, I'm sorry. what I said back there wasn't...- it was not alright. i hurt you, and I'm sorry for that. you're my girlfriend, y/n. I don't want to loose you ".

once again, your heart ached.
during all this time the two of you were together, you don't think he'd ever been genuinely sorry or as open with his feelings before. 

so how could you tell him now that the reason you're sad is because you love him ?

" I think it's too late, sae- ".
" don't play with me, y/n. ", his voice grew slightly desperate, something you didn't think he'd be openly showing.
" i love the way you always care about me, I love the way you care for my interest. i love you, y/n. and I'm sorry that I didn't appreciate all of those things more and took them for granted ".

should you listen to your brain or your heart ?

your brain told you that remaining in this relationship wouldn't do you any good. how long would it last until he'd say something along the lines of his last statement again ? or how long would it last until he'd break up with you ?

your heart on the other side...
it still longed for him.
for his love, his words, his touch.

but how could you know that he really meant what he said ? maybe it was because of the hint of desperation you heard in his voice, maybe it was because of the fact that, though he hated to not get his five hours of sleep, he was still up for you, waiting for you to come back home.

" I'm sorry, sae. ", your voice was quiet, no more than a mere whisper.
yet you knew that he had heard you.
" I'll need some time to think about this, about us ".

┗┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅°•✧・ ✿ ・✧•°

*.+ a/n ; finally, ( after like a month- ), here's the long awaited second part ><
and starting today, I'll be posting more frequently since my exam phase is over ( yay ) !
should I end this story now with an open ending, or do y'all want a third part ? :* 
also, what kind of ending would y'all prefer ?