11

"Ice Cream!" Johnny said enthusiastic about the four bowls with ice cream.
Maeve smiled brightly at the man. Both Sasha and Johnny hadn't seen so much emotion on the girl before.
"Have you ever ate ice cream?" Sasha asked the girl.
She held up one finger at her questioned.
"Say the word darling." Maurits told her trying to encourage her to use her voice more often.
She took a deep breath. "One time." She spoke.
"Only one time?" Johnny asked in disbelief. "You can come here anytime you want ice cream!" He adds with a wink.
Maurits raised his brows.
"You will have to ask for permission." He told her softly so only she could hear. Maeve looked up at him with a twinkle in her eyes. She didn't care if she had to. As long as she can have ice cream more often.
"Wel enjoy!"
-
The couple made their way back to the comforting embrace of their home. Maeve, feeling exhausted and drained, plopped onto the couch, curling up into a small ball. Her body yearned for rest and relaxation after the day's events.
However, Maurits was quick to intervene, his tone firm and commanding. "Darling, you're not sleeping on the couch. It's time for bed!" His words were filled with a mixture of authority, well aware of Maeve's previous t routine not getting in bed. Maeve let out a soft whimper, her hands reaching out toward him, longing to be scooped up and carried like a child.
"Stop that," Maurits scolded her, his eyebrows raised in a silent warning, daring her to whine again. Maeve, whispered a quiet apology, allowing her hand to fall back down to her side.
Despite his reprimand, Maurits couldn't resist the affectionate pull that Maeve exerted on him. He relented and gently scooped her up into his arms, cradling her like a fragile flower.
He placed her down on the bed covering her with the blanket kissing her forehead.
"I will be right their with you, darling." He tells her.
-

Maeve awoke in the middle of the night, her eyes fluttering open, immediately drawn to the mesmerizing sight outside the window. The vast expanse of the night sky was adorned with hundreds of twinkling stars, captivating her gaze. It had been seven long years since she had last seen such a breathtaking display. Determined not to disturb Maurits, who lay sleeping peacefully beside her, she quietly slipped out of bed, clad only in one of his oversized T-shirts.
Making her way down the stairs with careful steps and getting outside, Maeve felt the chill of the night air embrace her skin, sending shivers down her spine. Undeterred, she sought solace on the white couch, draping a blanket around her shoulders for warmth. Sitting there in the garden, she couldn't tear her eyes away from the celestial canopy above. Each star seemed to hold a tale of wonder, reminding her of the beauty that had been absent from her life for far too long.
Meanwhile, Maurits stirred in bed, suddenly aware of Maeve's absence. A mix of panic and anger surged through him, compelling him to spring into action. He hurriedly descended the stairs, searching every corner of the house until he spotted the open back door. Stepping outside, his eyes fell upon Maeve, perched on one of his lounge beds.
His initial reaction was one of frustration, and he approached her with a forceful grip on her hair, his voice dripping with contempt. "What the fuck?" he sneered, his anger palpable. "I thought you had left me." The intensity of his words hung in the air as he forcefully scooped her up, holding her against his hip.
Maeve pleaded with him, her voice trembling, "No, please. I don't want to go inside. I just want to gaze at the stars a little longer." Her desperation and longing were evident, tugging at Maurits' heart despite his anger.
Maurits paused in his steps, his grip on her loosening. He realized that it had been seven years since Maeve had witnessed the beauty of the night sky, and denying her a few more moments under the stars would be a cruel act. Reluctantly, he acquiesced, understanding the significance of this rare opportunity for Maeve.
"All right," he relented, his voice softened. "But next time, please wake me and inform me before venturing out alone. I was worried sick, not knowing where you had gone." His stern tone carried a trace of concern, a reminder of the love and care he held for her.
With a mix of relief and gratitude, Maeve nodded, tears welling up in her eyes. He sat the two of them down on the lounge bed making sure Maeve was wrapped tightly in the blanket and his arms around her waist.

As Maeve nestled into Maurits' arms, a sense of calmness washed over her, gradually lulling her back into slumber. Her head gently rested against his shoulder, her breathing steady and peaceful. Maurits gazed down at her, his heart softening as he observed the tranquility on her face.
He realized that waking her from her stargazing reverie would only disrupt the tranquility she had found under the night sky. Tenderly, he lifted her in his arms once more, cradling her fragile form against his chest, and began making his way back to their shared bed.
-
Maurits awoke before dawn, he was the one in charge of the day's training sessions, he needed to rise early, and he couldn't fathom leaving Maeve alone in their house. His mistrust of the people in the vicinity, coupled with his lingering doubts about Maeve, fueled his determination to keep a watchful eye on her.
Gently, he reached out and softly shook Maeve, whispering her name in a tender tone. "Wake up, darling," he murmured, his touch urging her to rouse from her slumber.
"I want to sleep," she muttered softly.
"You got out of bed when you should have been sleeping. It's not my fault you're tired, darling," he told her matter-of-factly. "We are getting out of bed because I have things to do, and you are coming."
"Can't I just stay in bed?" she said with a small grin as she looked at him. He smiled back at her, indicating he might let her stay, but her hopes faltered with a single word.
"No," he said, his face faltering into a serious expression.
She sighed in resignation, reluctantly preparing to join him in their morning activities.