roommate's girlfriend

this is based on a friends scene from 'the one where chandler crosses the line' only the real ones know 😉

⚠️ smut ⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sadie is your roommate/best friend's girlfriend. already off to a bad start. they haven't been dating for too long and you've had a crush on her the whole time. your roommate, tony, is out on a date with another girl, cacey, because he thinks it's okay to 'test' her out to see who he wants. she comes to your place, looking for him.

you're sitting in a wooden kayak in your living room, watching tv. tony bought the boat on a drunk night out and just decided to keep it. you suddenly hear a knocking at the door.

"come in!" you yell as you pause the tv and stand up.

"hey!" sadie says as she walks in and closes the door, "oh, god. is that baywatch?" she points to the tv.

"uh, yes, but, uh, i just watch it for the articles." you say as you turn the tv off completely and she laughs.

"so, is tony around?"

"no, no. he's not back yet, but he's going to be here any minute, so, uh, come on in, have a seat. bow or stern?" you ask as you walk over to the boat.

"i don't really have a preference. you?" she asks, cocking her head to the side.

"well, i like it in the stern," you slowly realise what you said and sadie smiles slightly before you fix it, "of the boat."

"ah." she says with a slight laugh. she goes to walk over to the boat and the phone rings.

you pick it up and answer, "hello,"

"hey, it's me," you hear tony's voice, "listen, cacey and i were on our way back and had a little car trouble."

"what happened?" you ask.

"we broke down on the parkway. so, i have to walk back and get some transmission fluid. anyway, listen, can you please tell sadie i'm sorry and i'll be there as soon as i can?"

"why can't you tell her?"

"cause i only have one quarter left and i think my time is about to-" he stops talking and you think his time ran out.

"tony? tony?"

"yeah?" he answers.

you roll your eyes, "i thought your time ran out."

he chuckles, "me, too. but, i guess i do have a couple more-"

he stops talking and this time he's definitely cut off. you hang up the phone and turn to sadie to see her sitting in the boat, reading a magazine, "uh, that was tony. he's running a little late and he says he's sorry."

"oh," she says with a nod.

"so, i guess it's just you and me, then,"

"oh, okay,"

"yeah, i think it is," you quickly say before sitting down in the boat, in front of her. you sit in awkward silence for just a moment.

"so, what did you do today?" she asks.

"i had an appointment to get my hair cut,"

"oh, it looks great,"

"and then it got cancelled."

she chuckles slightly, "well, i could cut it."

"really? do you do that?"

"yeah, i do. well, i learned at my aunt's dog grooming shop. but, what do you say?"