LM | 4

"Momma! This bitch just set my truck on fire!" Kaleb screamed through the phone as he sat on the curb, watching the firefighters do their best to put out the flames

"Momma! This bitch just set my truck on fire!" Kaleb screamed through the phone as he sat on the curb, watching the firefighters do their best to put out the flames. He dropped his head between his shoulders and just cried.

He didn't know what he did to deserve what he's going through. Being left at the alter wasn't enough? He was tired and annoyed with his life at the moment. Just thirty minutes ago, he had finished his shower and was about to head to sleep because he had work in the morning. Within those thirty minutes, his security system had alerted him that they had detected motion. He wasn't too worried because he figured it was just an animal.

But he was sadly mistaken because, as soon as he laid down, a big boom was heard. It was loud, and it shook his whole house, shattering a few windows. Kaleb prayed hard as he walked to his bedroom window. When he saw his SRT Hellcat Durango on fire, he lost it.

"Your brothers should be pulling soon, baby. I have the kids. Did you give them security footage? That's why her dumbass gonna fuck around and have that bastard ass baby in prison!"

If it was anybody to get Kaleb to crack a smile or laugh in the midst of chaos, it was definitely Melissa. He shook his head. "I love you, momma. Thank you for everything."

"Uh uh! Why the fuck you talking like that?! Kaleb, don't fucking play with me!"

Melissa screamed into the phone, making him laugh and moving the phone away from his ear. "Lady, calm down, please. I'm just simply thanking you. I've been going through hell since I was three, and you've always been there picking up the pieces, so therefore I love you and thank you for everything. You my rock, lady."

"Ugh! You got me crying! Pack some stuff up and come stay with Momma. I'm on my way to your room now."

"Yes ma'am. I love you, and I'll see you in a minute. Jarvis and Jailen just pulled up." Kaleb hung up the phone just as they were approaching him. His brother took a seat behind him and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. Kaleb instantly started crying.

"I'm tired of this shit, man. Leaving me at the alter wasn't enough pain and embarrassment? I have no car. Everything that was inside is gone. All the windows in my house are gone. I don't know what the fuck she used, but whatever it was, it shook the whole block. It sounded like a damn transformer blew." Kaleb shook his head as it rested on his brother's shoulder. He was the oldest, but lately Jarvis has been filling in his shoes.

"Go in the house and pack ya stuff. We'll talk to the folks. I need to calm Jailen down before he go kill that damn girl himself. You're gonna be alright, Poodie. This is just your storm before your calm." Jarvis kissed his brother on the forehead and helped him up.

Kaleb shook his head as he walked into his house. He frowned at the smell of smoke and made his way upstairs. Walking into his closet, he retrieved his large Tommy Hilfiger duffle bag from his shelf and began filling it with about two to four weeks worth of clothing. He threw in a couple things for work, but he doubted if he was going. Snatching up his black Gucci bookbag, he filled it with his important stuff, along with his iPad and MacBook. Once he had everything, he killed the lights and headed back downstairs.