Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dragon Queen

Everyone from the battle entered the chamber through the entry room. Everyone was talking to each other and laughing with joy. Sierra hugged Ibis, who hugged her just as well, both relieved to see that they and their friends are still alive from the battle. The murmuring of the soldiers ceased as they turned their attention to the two humans, the Moonshadow elf, and the Sky flenimu. Many of them bowed their heads with a fist to their hearts in respect to Ezran as he passed, and he did the same to them. Once they reached the front where Callum, Rayla, and Sierra were waiting for him with Zym and Bait. The little dragon gave an excited yip as he ran to Ezran, and the young king dropped to his knees to greet his dragon friend with a laugh.  
Just then, the cavern shook, a low, rumbling moan have started echoing from the next room. Sierra's eyes went wide at the sight, and Zym ran through the door. Sierra followed, Ibis, Callum, Rayla, Ezran, Tempest, Barak, Chaya, Janai, Amaya, and a handful of others following them, the others all watching from the doorway. Everyone stopped in front of the Dragon Queen's nest.
Queen Zubeia opened her eyes for the first time after the assassination and lifted her head majestically high up about the group of people just standing at the entrance of her lair.
She stood, raising herself to her full, massive height, and looked down at them all. Everyone started staring up at her in a collective mixture of awe, apprehension, and joy. Zym ran forward, fluttered into the nest and yipping up at her, and she bent down to sniff him before pressing her snout against him happily. She managed to move her head a little closer to Zym, who started to rub his head against his mother's snout in pure joy and love. The baby dragon is Prince Azymondias, the Dragon Prince, her baby. After the heartwarming reunion of her child, she just managed to ask. "Is this a dream?"
At this question, the group who was standing at the entrance to her lair both elves and humans walked up closer to her. Callum and Rayla looked each other in the eyes and grabbed their hands. Ibis placed a fatherly arm over Sierra's shoulder and gently pulled her into a sidelong hug. Queen Zubeia just looked at the whole group with amazed eyes, since she can't believe what her eyes are seeing. Sierra glanced around in time to see Amaya punch Janai lightly in the elbow, and Janai rolled her eyes, uncrossing her arms, offering Amaya her hand. However, when Amaya held it, Janai's smile was just as wide as Amaya's was.
After this gesture the Dragon Queen was even more amazed up to the point that she started to say, "I can't believe it elves and humans are here, and they've brought back my children. My love and my hope."
Zym flown over back to Ibis, Sierra, Callum, Rayla, and Ezran. They were just standing there for a moment trying to take in the moment. The Dragon Queen spoke up again to everyone. "This could very well be the beginning of new times for all of Xadia, a new era of harmony and peace between humans and elves, we all can live together once more."
Rayla and Callum both hugged each other and exchanged a quick kiss, while their friends watched on bright smiles. Sierra snuggled up against Ibis's side and they both smiled at Queen Zubeia. After their hug, the Dragon Queen moved her head down to Callum and Rayla. "I can't believe the I'm seeing this. Elves and humans together in friendship and in love. This must be a miracle. I never believed this would be possible."
Rayla replied warmly, "Just two months ago, I wouldn't either. But then I met Callum he showed me that humans can be nice, caring, overall good, and full of miracles. He keeps challenging what I thought was impossible."
"What do you mean by this?" Queen Zubeia asked curiously.
Rayla replied in an instant, "This human is connected to the Sky Arcanum. He can do Sky magic."
The Dragon Queen turned her head towards Callum and said, "Is that so? Would you honor me in showing me some?"
Callum took a small step back to do the spell. He started tracing a shimmering rune shape in the air. As his fingertips moved, arcs of light formed, creating the blue glowing curves of the ancient, powerful symbol. He felt his body melt into the air around him.
"Aspiro." Callum exhaled. He pushed all the air out of his lungs, and he could feel the difference. It wasn't a normal breath. A powerful blast of wind erupted from his lips. The wind rushed around his eyes and nipped at his cheeks.
The magic wind swirled and grew stronger. Callum closed his eyes eyes and grinned as it gusted around him. When he'd had enough, Callum let the magic gently die down. He took one last deep breath, then opened his eyes with a smile.
The gentle blue eyes of the Queen Zubeia went wide. "In my whole life, I have never seen a human doing primal magic before."
Callum explained to Queen Zubeia of how he have achieved the Sky Arcanum. "When I was knocked unconscious, I was given a choice of what magic I want to do: primal magic or dark magic. I've picked primal magic. My mother have came to me in a dream and taught me how to connect to the Sky Arcanum. Once I woke up, me and my friends have discovered that I'm now connected to the Sky Arcanum."
After this confusing story, the Dragon Queen looked at the human mage trying to make sense of it all. "Maybe if more humans could learn to do primal magic, they too would stop using dark magic, and Xadia could become one again. After all what happened today, I think it is time to allow some humans to come to Xadia and maybe learn to forge a connection to an arcanum. I know there will be some resistance among some in Xadia, but I think we've been having this needless battle for long enough." Queen Zubeia smiled at them as she looked down at them. "As a thank you for opening my eyes and showing me that humans can be good, I've now decided that everybody who is here today, who fought to reunite me with my baby Zym, should be allowed to stay in Xadia and should also know if they want to go back to the other side of the Breach that they will always be welcome here, as long as they've sworn off dark magic. And you two..." Queen Zubeia looked at Callum and Rayla. "Let me tell you it would be an honor to me if you would decide to stay here at the Storm Spire with me and... what's your names?"
"I'm Callum." He gave a slight bow to her. "This is Rayla and my little brother, Ezran." He smiled at them warmly.
"So, Callum it would be an honor to me if you stay here and study Sky magic," said Queen Zubeia.
Callum's eyes widened, but he had to turn his face to Ezran and Rayla looking at them, not sure what to say.
When Ezran finally spoke up, "It's okay, Callum. I will be fine, and I can come and visit."
Callum turned his face back to the Dragon Queen and answered, "It would be my honor to stay here and learn more Sky magic."
After Callum accepting the offer from the Dragon Queen, General Amaya signed something to the Dragon Queen which Gren translated. "Your Highness, I would like to request to stay here with my nephew and niece at least for a little while. I would also be honored to learn more about the people living on this side of the Breach to understand them better and maybe even further the relations between our people."
Queen Zubeia turned her head closer to General Amaya and replied, "It would be an honor having you here."
"Your Majesty." Queen Zubeia turned her head to look at her close friend. Ibis looked relieved and a little guilty. "Ibis." Her eyes shone with great fondness and gratitude towards him. "I know you did all you could. And if you had not, then I may not have been able to stay awake long enough to meet my son."
The Skywing elf smiled up at her. "I am glad I was able to help in some small way." Ibis placed a gentle hand on the Sky Flenimu girl's shoulder, who watched on with an amazed expression. "This is my daughter."
Queen Zubeia's eyes widened and chuckled softly. "I've should of known. You seemed quite distracted when you've returned from your mission." Her eyes softened as she gazed at Ibis's curious daughter. "What's your name brave one?"
She seemed a little nervous to be addressed, but she bowed down gracefully to the Dragon Queen. "I'm called Sierra, Your Majesty."
"Sierra, it would be a great honor if you stay here," said Queen Zubeia.
Sierra smiled softly and answered, "It would be my honor to stay here."
With that, Queen Zubeia turned to Ezran and said, "My most humble apologies, you've shown me that I was wrong for sending assassins after you. You showed me how humans can be kind and caring, and you risked it all and left everything behind to return my baby Azymondias to me, I can't tell you how sorry I am. Let me offer you a stay here as well."
Ezran was thinking of what to say, but after a few moments, he replied, "Thank you so much, and I accept your apology. But, I have to refuse. I'm needed most in Katolis now as their king. But I got one small request, would it be okay if you would have a place for me to stay when I visit Callum, Rayla, Sierra, Zym, my Aunt, and my friends?"
Queen Zubeia happily replied, "So young, but so wise and grown up. Of course after what you did to get my baby back to me you can always consider yourself welcome here in my lair."
Ezran replied both simply and kindly, "Thank you."
Queen Zubeia raised her head again and addressed the whole group now. "I hope today is the beginning of peace amongst us it might be a still a hard way, but these young people made the hardest step and they set things in motion for a new era of peace. As I said before, I invite every one of you to stay in Xadia or to come back whenever you want."
After this speech from the Dragon Queen, Ezran spoke up again addressing the whole crowd as well. "I as well want to invite every elf and dragon who wants to visit or make Katolis their home, to come and do so."