No Strings on Me

Just like in his earlier days of being Spider-Man, Peter sat on a balcony above the party, alone. He watched as Thor and Steve made drinks, and Nat laughed with Bruce. Tony and Clint talked to Rhodey, and that just left him. Completely alone.

"You alright?"

"Maria? Why aren't you with everyone else?" Peter turned to look at the woman approaching, wearing her fancy red dress.

"You disappeared."

Maria leaned over the railing, so she could watch the party from above.

"What's wrong?"

Peter shook his head, and kept looking at the party. He didn't believe anyone could understand what he was going through. There was one person, but she was gone.

"Peter. Talk to me." Maria looked toward the boy, with sympathetic eyes.

"I don't belong here. With everyone else."

Maria looked confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm a child, on a team with a God, a couple master assassins, and a literal monster. I don't fit in. I'm not equal to them at all."

"Peter, if you haven't realized, they love you. They wouldn't keep you around if they didn't. Also, I'm pretty sure you're literally stronger than most of them, so saying that you're on a team with very specific people, doesn't work."

Peter laughed, and smiled.

"Trust me. You fit in here. I promise you."

"Thanks Maria. That means a lot."

"Of course. Go enjoy the party, kid."

...

"But it's a trick." Clint spun drum sticks through his fingers and called out to Thor.

"No, no, it's much more than that." Thor responded, smiling.

"Uh, Whoever be he worthy shall haveth the power." Peter, sitting next to Clint, hit him on the arm.

"Whatever man, it's a trick!" Clint called out, and pointed at the hammer.

"Well please, be my guest." Thor motioned toward the hammer, and looked at Clint.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Clint stood up, and walked towards the hammer sitting on top of the table.

"Now, you have seen this before, right?" Clint grabbed onto the handle, and asked before he pulled.

Clint looked down and pulled, not moving it at all. He finally let go, and with a huff, turned to Thor.

"I still don't know how you do it!" Clint laughed.

"Smell the silent judgment?"

"Please Stark, by all means."

Tony stood up, unbuttoned his jacket, and walked over to the hammer.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge. Now if I lift this, I then rule Asgard?" Tony wrapped the strap around his wrist.

"Yes, of course." Thor answered with a smile.

Tony pulled up, and without a second thought, he let go and walked away. When he came back, he had his glove on, and tried pulling with that.

"Pete, Rhodey, get over here."

Rhodey walked over with his glove on, and Peter shot a web at the base of the hammer. The three attempted to pull together.