Confession

The spoon clattered loudly on to the wooden table, slipping from Rowoon's hands. And all the sound that could escape past his lips was a single syllable.

"Oh."

He stared at me with eyes wide, confused and caught off-guard.

But I continued to swallow down another spoonful of rice, followed by a side of seaweed, acting as nonchalant as I could.

Maybe a little too much.

"Is it a....joke?" he asked me cautiously, bending to catch my eye that I refused to meet with his. I just shook my head no in response, which was met with a loud bang on the table.

"Ya!" he yelled, now catching the gaze of almost everyone in the restaurant along with my stunned ones.

My demeanor started to tremble, though I had prepared myself for whatever answer I was going to get, I never thought he'd get mad.

He immediately looked around, startled by himself and bowed in apology to everyone else, who very soon started minding their own business again, apart from a few who slightly recognized us.

Rowoon turned back to me again with a pissed look, "If you're gonna tell something serious to me, don't ignore me you asshole."

I immediately let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding but soon turned to him with a pissed look as well,

"Why are you getting mad at me bastard, I fucking got scared!" I whisper yelled.

"Well you weren't even looking at me so I had to get mad at you!" He whisper yelled back at me.

"Well I didn't have the guts to face you!" I slapped my hand on to the table, annoyed whispers and gazes falling on us again. Rowoon held up a finger to his lips, shushing me but my nerves wouldn't calm down.

I got up my seat, my chair screeching across the tiled floor as I left the restaurant, into the snowy night, hearing Rowoon's calls behind my back.

"Ya! Juho!" I heard him yell as he hurriedly paid the cashier for the meal, before following behind.

But I didn't stop my speed walk, I couldn't. My demeanour was visibly shaking, my lips quivering and my hand tremors were getting worse.

"Juho, please wait!" I heard his voice, and I only kept walking, pushing my hair away from eyes as they started to water.

"Please, just stop!" and I did, mostly because I couldn't keep walking and I tilted my head up manifesting my tears to just go back into their ducts.

After I regained my composure (barely), I turned to see Rowoon standing a few feet away from me in the empty street, worry plastered on his dimly lit face. Eyebrows wrinkled and puffs of cold air coming out from his lips. He didn't even put on a scarf, that idiot.

"Sorry," I forced a smile.

I mustn't cry.

"It's just- I was scared." I let out a shaky laugh, dropping my head down. I had prepared this for so long, I had planned everything out to the last detail of how to answer his every question, but the moment I confess, I fucking break down.

"I'm sorry," my eyes started tearing up on their own accord.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Seokwoo."

My smile didn't hold up for another second, as the tears fell, hot against the piercing cold of the winter. I held up a trembling hand to my eyes, looking away from him as I started sobbing. So much for a resolve.

"I ruined everythi-" I was cut off by a hug, an all too familiar one.

A hug that healed me during every sadness that I had faced, and a hug that broke me a hundred times over. But at that moment it was enough to shatter my barely existent demeanor as I started crying harder.