chapter fourteen

Once Ant-Man had Captain America's shield, he ran over to him as War Machine asked, "What...What the hell was that?"

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," Ant-Man said, handing over the shield.

Captain America put the shield on his arm as Iron Man used his x-ray vision to see in the parking garage, two people were running off. "Oh, great," he muttered, "Alright, there's two on the parking deck. One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her."

Iron Man and War Machine flew up into the air together as the red one continued, "Rhodey, you want to take Cap?" He flew off as War Machine saw another pair in the airport.

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes," War Machine said.

"Barnes is mine!" Black Panther said, running off towards the airport.

Captain America threw his shield into the air, hitting War Machine all while Spider-Man awkwardly watched. He pressed the side of his face, activating his comms, "Hey, Mr. Stark, what should I do?"

"What we discussed. Keep your distance. Web 'em up."

"Okay, copy that!" Spider-Man said into comms before he ran off, shooting two webs at the airport to leap himself up.

Meanwhile, running towards the airport, Captain America chased after Black Panther, throwing his shield at him to knock him down before the shield magnetically pulled itself back to his arm.

Black Panther was down for only a minute before getting back up, but when he did, Captain America jumped him. He wrapped his arm around his neck before flipping him backwards.

Black Panther rolled around across the ground as Captain America jumped to his feet. The panther then sat up, looking up at the Captain sternly. "Move, Captain," he said, "I won't ask a second time."

Captain America backed away, holding his shield up when Black Panther pounced. He kicked the shield many times before pushing the captain away.

Meanwhile, over by Ant-Man and Black Widow, the man looked down at her as she eyed him. "Look, I really don't want to hurt you," he said.

"I wouldn't stress about it," Natasha said before she kicked him in his lower region causing him to grunt, lurching forward.

She then grabbed his arm, twisting it around before moving him around, attempting to flip him over. But suddenly, he sized down, latching himself onto her hand. A second later, she was flipped to the ground, laying on her back. She used the electric wrist on her to zap him off of her, and he slammed into a nearby truck, leaving a small dent.

———

In the terminal, Bucky and Sam were continuing running through when they spotted Spider-Man crawling the windows, chasing after them. "What the hell is that?" Bucky asked.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now," Sam muttered right before Spider-Man swung out, crashing through the glass.

He leapt right through, kicking Sam down to the ground. He then quickly turned to Bucky, only to catch his throwing fist. But when he did, he stared at it intrigued, finding it was the metal arm one. "You have a metal arm?" He asked as Bucky eyed him oddly, "That is awesome, dude—!"

Right then, Sam ran up to him, grabbed him and flew off into the air. But as they soared through the terminal, Spider-Man kept shoving his hands in Sam's face, trying to get out of his grip. "You have the right to remain silent!"

After that, he got free, dropping down from the air. But he shot a web in the direction Sam went, swinging after him.

———