Chapter 5: "Our Identity, Our Light"

(Kohane's pov - Competition Day:)

Today was the competition. Me, An, Akito, and Toya all arrived at the event early to practice our songs. We consulted to the event hosts about us doing 3 songs and they agreed to let us perform them.

(15 MINUTES BEFORE THE EVENT)

All the competitors arrived and I started feeling nervous. An noticed Yuni and Aika, which I can tell why she despised them.

Hours ago, the event host told us that Yuni and Aika's group would perform right before us as a separate round. This was organized by An.

I started feeling nervous and Toya caught on very quickly.

(Kohane, Toya)

"Koko? What's the matter?"

"Im.. just nervous."
"It's a heated rivalry between An and Aika. So i don't know how good Aika's team can sing.." I say, starting to play with my hands.

"I can assure you, they might win once or twice. But we are pretty well known, so I have an idea." I listen as Toya whispered his idea to me. I nodded in agreement.

Soon, the event started. Teams and pairs came and went. Some song were good and others weren't. Eventually a team won the event and won the prize. Then the event host spoke.

(Kohane, An, Akito, Toya, Host)

"Excuse me please, may I have your attention."

Everyone stopped and listened to the host.

"I'd like to announce that a special match will be held after I finish speaking. Vivid Bad Squad making their return versus a new group that just surged into the top specialty round!"
"Now.. a huge round of applause for the two groups to make their way!"

"Let's do this."

"Yeah! We got this."

"I agree."

"Let's prove them wrong."

We make our way to the stage as Yuni and her group were waiting for us on stage. The host stood in the middle of the stage.

He asked us heads or tails. Since I am the leader of Vivid Bad Squad, I had to pick so I went with Tails. Which led Yuni's group to have heads.

The coin was flipped and it landed on heads. Making Yuni's team go first.

(An's pov:)

The coin flip determined which team was going  first. While Yuni's team sang, we were trying to figure out what song we wanted to sing first.

"Should we start with Awake Now and then do Alter Ego after that?" I whispered.

"I'm fine with whatever. As long as we leave Ready Steady for the final then I don't care what the other two song's rotation is." Akito says.

We then agreed to start with Awake Now as our first song and after was Alter Ego.

I hated admitting this but Yuni was a good singer, meanwhile Aika was struggling a little.

After they ended their song, the crowd got a bit excited from them. But they'll recognize us once we start.

We took the stage over and got handed the microphones, but i didn't expect Kohane to start talking.

"Everyone! Thank you for taking the time to watch the performance. I, Azusawa Kohane, the leader of Vivid Bad Squad will be sure to make sure that tonight will be an unforgettable experience for the crowd!"