[Prologue]

(lana del rey cuz why not? 🤷‍♀️)

The smell of Honeydew invaded my sense of smell, i smiled while running across the fresh wet grass that had been applied just one week ago. The morning sun blocked my vision as i chased my friends around, we were playing a new game we had just made up, as i chased after them i looked around to find one of my friends hiding. Slowly i crept up on him and jumped, he screamed trying to scramble to his feet, but with my whole body on top of him it seemed impossible.

"I found you!" i giggled, causing him to groan "Get off Mae" he said, annoyed at how i found him so quickly. "Oh come on Gunner! stop being such a buzz kill, or are you mad that im just better at this game than you?" i teased. "Sure mhm" he commented not even listening to me, but then he realized what i had just said and got defensive. but before he could scold me, our teacher came outside calling us to come inside for today's lesson.

As we gathered around forming a crescent, our teacher took out a book and slowly opened it "How are you all?" my teacher asked trying to get us comfortable before starting today's lesson. Echoes of 'Good, Tired, and Sleepy' surrounded the classroom. Our teacher, Mrs. Lode, giggled at our responses "That's good!, but anyway, Today class we will be reading a short book" she explained to us.

Naturally we would've groaned and complained, but Mrs. Lode was a great reader and always picked the best books to read to us, she also was our favorite teacher but that wasn't the point. "What's the book about?" Claire a girl in our class spoke up and asked, "About our Origin and how we are here till this day!" she spoke calmly. "Let's start reading, Shall we?" she asked in a funny and mysterious voice, we cheered and started to lay on the ground, some of us grabbed a pillow from the reading corner, but some of us grabbed a friend. My friends started to pile up on me trying to get comfortable and i then felt Gunner, My best friend, grab onto me too. Hugging my arm, he looked away embarrassed, waiting for Mrs. Lode to start reading the book.

"THE STORY OF THE LANDS"

"Dimensions, is what brought us together, that's why all of us are here today, Dimensions. You would think that people were just created and designed to live here for the rest of their life, but that isn't the case.

According to our ancestors, us fairies, mermaids, werewolves, zombies, vampires, and shapeshifters. Or for short Drylander's, lived in a different Dimension. Very different from this one, we lived with 'Humans'.-"

"Mrs. Lode?" a student asked,

"Yes Burt?" Mrs. Lode said calmingly while snapping out of her trance, of being engrossed in the book for to long.

"What are 'Humans'? i'm confused" Burt said, confusion filling his face quickly.

"I'll answer that question in a bit!" she said enthusiastically glad we were listening

" 'Humans' didn't look very different from us, but the thing was they were Powerless, nothing was unique about them, they couldn't fly or have super speed, they even had a shorter life span than us. They were Weak, yet we got along with them just fine. One thing made them stand out though, their brains, they were incredibly smart.

While we stayed with the 'Humans' the technology advanced, causing us to go places we never knew existed, one of the places were called 'Outer space' it was outside of our planet. The weird thing was you couldn't breath normally in 'Outer space' and there was no gravity!