II

Steve Lacy hitting a lil to hard lately 😍

- 11 YEARS LATER -

- {Mae's Pov}

Eleven years have passed since the big "incident" and I have been living in an orphanage, and while living here I have vowed to get back at whoever participated in that massacre, and so far I have been unsuccessful.

I sighed in frustration and threw the book I was reading across the room, "its been eleven years.." I groaned while standing up "and I don't have any fucking information on what happened in that attack!" I screamed into a pillow close by to me, which unfortunately alarmed people outside of my room, but they knew better to go into my room even if they were concerned.

I tried to calm myself down but knowing that I survived the attack yet hadn't gotten far on getting revenge made me mad, I just wish I could be useful to the people that lost their lives in that massacre, especially my mother.

While doing my daily ritual of screaming, something on my bed started to buzz which I quickly noticed was my phone, flipping my phone over I looked at the caller ID informing me that it was my one and only annoying friend.

I answered the call getting ready to brace whatever she was going to talk about.

"Mae!!,"she unnecessarily yelled into the phone bursting my eardrums for at least 10 seconds, "It feels like I haven't talked to you in forever." she pouted through the phone while exaggerating the 'ever'

I chuckled at her response, "We literally called for hours yesterday Mollie, give me a break" I sassed to her but also meaning well, she's been my friend ever since I came to this unusual world and has always stuck with me, we first met in first grade and we clicked after getting to know each other.

I share all of my secrets with her, yes even that I'm fairy, second grade me wasn't the wisest cookie but she hasn't told anyone so im guessing that's a good sign?

As she blabbed on about whatever was interesting to her I was in my own little world agreeing to every word she said, while trying to look up anything, just anything that may get me a lead in trying to find out who attacked us.

"Omg! we never go shopping I just noticed, wait we should go right now Mae. And I know what your gonna say 'no blah blah blah' about you not liking me spend money on you but please? it'll be a bonding experience!" she stammered hoping I got what she was trying to tell me.

"Mhm" I said while scrolling through an article about fairies and what they 'think' what happened to them. they listed how maybe fairies didn't exist and how we were possibly just unidentified creatures that were labeled as fairies just because we lived our lives isolated from the world, and they also mentioned how we were wiped out by a deadly illness, and what surprised me was that in the comments people actually began to agree with that delusional theory. As i was about to try and find another article, i heard a squeal radiate off the phone call.

"wait what did you ju-" I then realized what I said and quickly scrambled to tell her that I wasn't listening to what she had just said but she hastily cut me off taking this as a chance to hang out with me.

"Perfect, I'll pick you up in 10! you definitely won't regret this" she said and cut the call.

.