𝐯𝐢. 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲

»»————««

vi.
r e d a m a n c y
the act of loving the one that loves you; a love returned in full.

»»————««

A day full of classes stretches out the long hours of Monday. Kuroo does his best to pay attention to his professor's words, but they go in one ear and out the other. The only thing sticking to his mind is you and the note that you left behind.

Be a good boy and keep taking your pills, unless you want to lose me.

He knows the words well, having memorized them from rereading them so many times. If only he would put the same amount of effort into the lesson being taught, then maybe he can finally recover from the night he shared with you.

And, it's already bad enough that that night happened two weeks ago. It's been two weeks and still, Kuroo can't stop thinking about you.

Every night after that one, Kuroo made sure to take his pills. He never missed a scheduled dose, only because you told him not to. Like a good boy, Kuroo often thinks and laughs to himself, and it never fails to make a few people turn to stare and wonder why the hell someone is smiling and laughing all creepy like that?

After his first class, Kuroo has an hour until the next one on his schedule. He wanders through the cafeteria, scanning the options but not fully registering them. His appetite has diminished, and if he was going to be honest, the only thing he truly wants and craves is you.

The food on display looks greasy and bland. Kuroo sighs as he gives up on the cafeteria. He's already turning on his heel, heading straight for the dormitory and ditching his last class of the day. It's the only easy decision that he's made in the past two weeks.

Kuroo drags himself out of the elevator and down the hall, straight to his unit. He unlocks the door, steps inside, and almost steps back outside when he sees something move in the corner of his eyes.

Thinking that it was nothing, he swallows and locks the door behind him. But when he turns, he gasps, feeling his pulse spike when he finds you sitting on the couch with arms crossed over your chest.

Joy instantly floods Kuroo's system. He doesn't even question how you got into his dorm. You're here now, and that's all that matters.

"Hi again," you interrupt the awkward silence that fills the room. He's too busy gawking to reply. "Are you happy to see me?"

Happy doesn't even cover it, Kuroo thinks. "You have no idea."

You chuckle through your nose before patting the cushion beside you. "Come here. Sit with me."

Kuroo moves fast, dropping his bag on the floor, kicking his shoes off, and quickly joining you on the couch with a grin. He puts a gentle hand on your knee, just to make sure that you're real and that you're actually here.

And to his surprise, you are. He can feel you against his palm, hear your voice, and he can smell your sweet scent. It's the same smell that awakens all the memories from the intimate night he shared with you in his bed.

Kuroo's lips shake as they pull into a wide smile. "I've been taking my pills."

"That's good," you nod with a small laugh. "But, it also looks like you're skipping class. Am I right, or am I wrong?"

The disapproval in your voice instantly kills Kuroo's spirit. "You're right, but that's only because I'm not in the mood for class right now."

"Not in the mood?" you question as you lean in closer. He tenses up, not knowing if you're going to kiss him or not. "Or, are you too distracted by the thought of me?"