05

Normally, Sierra would have been startled, as anyone would have been, when the knife suddenly appeared in the box next to her head. But this was not the case. She might not have expected it, but there was no flinching. No such action. How could that be? No one expects such a thing. But it was not a surprise. No idea. She had expected something. But she had not thought about what it would be.

Barely visible, Sierra turned her head to the knife, looked at the silver blade, and was about to pull it out, her fingers about to touch the black handle, when Christmas was already standing behind her, pulling his beloved toy out of the wood.

"How's it going?" Sierra spoke first, a whisper and a slight grin forming on her lips, "It's been a while."

"You could say that," the short-haired man confirmed, his face only a hand's breadth from Sierra's as she turned to face him, "Salamanca it is. That makes a lot of things clear to me."

"Well," Sierra confirmed with several nods, since it was his thing that one, or rather she, didn't like to peddle too much, "Had I known, I certainly wouldn't have shown up here. What are we going to do?"

"You tell me," Christmas replied, glancing back at the handy knife in his fingers before looking back up at Sierra, "I wasn't the one who just disappeared."

"I met someone a while back. My dad made a deal with a guy, and one of his guys was nice," Sierra began, smiling at the memory and pulling the knife from Christmas' fingers, "And then last year, in Bulgaria, a few .... found a lot of bodies, including him, as well as the guy my dad was doing business with. So don't be offended when I say I have no interest in picking up where it left off."

One small detail was missing from Sierra's story. On purpose. The head was missing. And not only that, the head was missing. No trace of the head, nowhere to be found. Someone had told Sierra that he must have gotten into the helicopter with his head because there was a lot of blood.