10

I hope we are not interrupting.

A phrase that caused Christmas and Sierra to give each other an "it figures" look and turn their heads to the side where Ross was getting off the helicopters with two more of the Expendables.

Men and women can't talk to each other without an ulterior motive. Right. Things like that are not possible at all. There always has to be more.

"There's always more," Christmas replied apathetically, getting off his machine, which didn't match the others at all and was the exact opposite of a helicopter, "especially since I was on time, unlike you. What kept you? A little nap, what?"

"Exactly," was Barney's reply to the Christmas taunt, looking around in irritation, "Where are the rest of you?"

"Something I was wondering more than half an hour ago," Sierra interjected, looking unimpressed at the three approaching Expendables, "What now? Can I assume I've won since no one else is here?"

Don't be so hasty. There might be reasons why there were only five of them at the moment. One thing Sierra should know best.

•••

A file. A few minutes passed before Ross told Sierra to follow him, since no one else had arrived.

Everything for tonight was in the file the leader of the Expendables handed Sierra, everything, the man thought, the essentials.

Instead of looking directly at the contents, as Ross had hoped, Sierra nodded once and raised the documents in her hand in a farewell gesture.

Since Ross had said that everything important could be found in them, the man would certainly not answer any questions if she had any. So what was the point of going through these things? Sierra didn't know if that was really the case, and if you don't ask, you can't know, but she assumed it was.