Falling and Waking

I'm sorry for the late arrival of this chapter.

If you are curious or angry you can look at the end for why or you can just read.

Enjoy.

Jenna didn't remember falling asleep but the familiar monolithic great castle she found herself in clearly indicated she was dreaming.

(Sirens were blaring in the distance)

Since she started dreaming with more frequency and remembered those dreams Jenna had wandered through this majestic castle with wolf banners maybe more than a thousand times. She had roamed its stone halls and explored each and every nook and cranny.

She had found the shortcuts and secret passages there was just one little detail lacking from others so when she found herself in the training yard where two little boys were playing her eyes sought another child.

A child she could only catch glimpses of and find her she did.

("Jenna!" for a moment she heard her mother but then-)

Jenna saw the little girl at the other side of the yard, where the boy with the brown curls declared himself Aemon the Dragonknight and the other boy with auburn hair insisted he was Duncan the Tall and stronger than the other.

This was all per the course what wasn't normal however was the fact the little girl didn't run as soon as she saw Jenna.

With held breaths and hopeful anticipation Jenna slowly approached the figure she felt weirdly connected to.

She knew the girl was pale and red-haired but with every step, she could make more and more details.

The child had some freckles doting above her nose, a dainty upturned nose, high cheekbones, pink lips and blue eyes.

She was a beautiful child.

("Jenna, love please open your eyes!"

"Madam please move aside let us do our job.")

"Hello!" she put as much warmth as possible into her voice.

There was a beat of silence and two a whispered barely there shy voice reached her ears "Hullo."

"My name is Jenna, Jenna Sommers."

Jenna waited a while but there was only silence and curious eyes inspecting her.

"What is your name?"

("Hit and run, female, eighteen, thirty-two weeks preg-" )

The little girl peered beneath her lashes causing Jenna to nearly squeal with the adorable sight.

"It does not matter."

"Of course it does!"

(Prepare for an emerge-)

Jenna was surprised and angry but she regretted instantly when she saw the girl tense and take a step away from her. Immediately she tried to soothe the child. With a more even and warm voice, she continued

"Of course, it matters, it is your name after all."

The girl was still staying away but she was at least no longer tense.

"It does not," it was clear from her tone of voice she believed full-heartedly in what she was saying "That is why everyone forgot it."

Jenna felt her heart break a little for the child " Who forget it?"