Gossiping Town

In the days and weeks that followed Jenna learned many a thing, she met with new faces and other sides of people she knew for years

In the days and weeks that followed Jenna learned many a thing, she met with new faces and other sides of people she knew for years. Some of these experiences were sweet some were bitter and hard to believe.

She had always trusted and loved her parents but there was always a part of herself that had wondered if they loved Miranda more than her and if perhaps they wouldn't show the same understanding and tolerance for her if she had done what Miranda had done.

But with this matter, with her own pregnancy, her trust and love for her parents had been renewed and strengthened and even that small part was silenced.

How many parents would respect and support their daughter who was planning to give birth to a fatherless child?

Jenna didn't think there were many.

She had always put aside a part of her spending money and more than that she had been doing part-time jobs for years so had a healthy amount of savings which with a part of those she was planning to rent a small place for herself and her baby but her parents outright refused.

The very next day she told her parents about moving her father had come back with a file which was full of everything a baby would need and their cost, monthly rent, bills for electricity, water and gas.

After looking at the file and doing a rough calculation she decided her parents were right and it was better for her to stay with them until graduation and save some more.

Her relationship with her parents was better but unfortunately the same couldn't be said about her bond with Miranda.

It started when she shared the news of the baby with her elder sister. Miranda thought she was there to ask for help and started planning how to hide Jenna's pregnancy from their parents. When Jenna tried to clear the misunderstanding Miranda held her hands and rushed to reassure her that she and Greyson would arrange everything and nobody would know the baby wasn't theirs and they would look after Jenna's baby like their own.

At that point, Miranda had started talking about how wonderful it was going to be to have another baby at home that it would be hard since Elena and the new baby were going to be only a year apart but it would be worth it and how Jenna could come to see the baby anytime she wanted.

Jenna had tried to explain and clear it but Miranda didn't seem to listen and well Jenna had taken after their mother in the temper department so when Miranda had one more time cut her this time Jenna didn't wait for her to be done and shouted that "No, she was not going to give her baby to anyone and she had already informed their parents and they were supportive of her."

She was red in the face and Miranda looked shocked. Elena's cries had ended the uncomfortable silence. Miranda went to Elena's side and Jenna left without waiting.

They didn't talk for more than a week and when they finally met for the family dinner it was awkward but there wasn't anything broken in their bond. Then gossip about Jenna's pregnancy spread and she saw another side of her sister and the reason why her parents (her father) were so against Miranda and Greyson's marriage.

The fear she had felt at the start had left its place for the excitement. She was babyproofing the house and she had finally accepted her parent's help with finding jobs. Now she had three different part-time jobs that wouldn't risk her pregnancy.

One was a woodshop her father worked together, they needed a salesperson at weekends.

The second was a publishing house her mother's friend worked that needed some translating job to be done and the third was one of her father's regular customers who wanted someone to help with his own daughter's studies.

All in all, Jenna was starting to put her life in order and was happy then after hearing the gossip about the pregnancy Logan Fell stood in her way and demanded why she didn't tell him about the baby, in the middle of the street where everyone heard him, the bastard.

She didn't want to explain herself to this scum so she informed him that it was none of his business and went around him but he was a persistent bastard and nearly one month stalked Jenna until one day she had enough and screamed she hadn't informed him because the baby wasn't his.

He didn't believe at first and was insistent they should marry for their child. 

Three days of this insane claim and Jenna sit him down and started to describe her one-night stand in vivid detail. Described how good it felt to have her partner's calloused hands on her body, how good it felt to have him bend her over, how good he felt inside her, and told him about each moan each groan and each orgasm.

She watched Logan's face from start to finish, seeing his face go from white to green to white again then an ugly shade of purple delighted her.

God, but revenge felt so good.

If she wasn't six months pregnant she would skip.

The problem was Logan was a scum, king of scum so after that meeting, there was gossip about how Jenna had cheated on Logan, in one night she had turned from cheated to a cheater, she had become a liar and people believed this shit.

Her sister had believed this shit, despite knowing better.

Her sister's insistence about listening to gossip and not defending Jenna had broke something in her, it had made her take a step back from her sister and put some distance between them.

Not just her sister but some of her so-called friends too had decided not to be seen with Jenna.

(She really was pants at choosing both lovers and friends, wasn't she?)

But it had brought back another friend...

It had brought back her baby's father.

Apparently, Mason too had heard the gossip about how she had cheated on Logan with... (She was not sure actually, there was more than one version, one said with a teacher, one said someone from the basket team, one said gigolo and wilder ones said it was the full football team)

Mason had gone and confronted Logan about it. She didn't know what was said but at the end of it Mason declared he was the father and was taken by police, and Logan was sent to the hospital.

She had learned all of this when Carol Lockwood come to their house like a whirlwind, carrying baby Tyler in one hand and a wedding planner in the other one.