The Invitation

Harmony jumped from the rooftop reveling in the feeling of weightlessness before she hit the rooftop and jumped to her feet.

She grinned as she watched members of the Forgotten Legion slipping out of the base from all corners.

She started humming and did a flip to the next rooftop.

Harmony:
I made the devil run
I gave him poison just for fun
I had one friend, now there's none
I made the devil run

She winked at Harley who smirked and did a triple flip before launching to the nearest rooftop and perching on the ledge.

Harley:
I broke so many bones
But none of them were ever my own
They were an army, I was alone
I broke so many bones

All:
I'm bad, as bad can be
So bad that it's hard to believe
Oh, what they say about me
(I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad as can be)

Evelyn slunk out of the shadows leaping to a windowsill nearing shattering the glass.

Evelyn:
I'm bad, take a look and see
So bad that it's hard to believe
I don't care what they say about me
(I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be)

Rachel did a flip and twist on the ground and started climbing the nearest building.

Rachel:
I watched an empire fall
I stormed the gate and scared the walls
They wouldn't share, so I took it all
I watched an empire fall

All:
I'm bad, as bad can be
So bad that it's hard to believe
Oh, what they say about me
(I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad as can be)

Yusuf vaulted off a building and did a somersault in mid-air before landing with a laugh.

Yusuf:
I'm bad, take a look and see
So bad that it's hard to believe
I don't care what they say about me
Try and stop me

All:
You better watch out, watch out, here I come

Cameron jumped off the building he sat on nearly hitting the ground before catching himself at the last moment.

Cameron:
I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be
Bad, I'm bad, as bad can be
I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be
Bad as bad can be

All:
So bad that it's hard to believe
Oh, what they say about me
(I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad as can be)

Samara stood on a narrow clothesline walking back and forth pretending to fall.

Samara:
I'm bad, take a look and see
So bad that it's hard to believe
I don't care what they say about me

All:
I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be (I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be)
Oh, so so bad (I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be)
I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be (I'm bad, I'm bad, as bad can be)

The kids dispersed to do their jobs while an auburn-haired girl rushed up to her. "Your father needs to see you. He says it's urgent." Sasha gave her a slight nod before vaulting off to deliver her next message. There was work to be done.

Harmony walked back to her home deep in thought. Her dad never messaged for her. He knew that during the day she was busy helping the kids and didn't want to disrupt her. If he needed something he would just wait until she came home.

Something major must have happened. And Harmony had a bad feeling that it wasn't something positive.

She walked through the door watching her dad pace back and forth. "Dad. What happened?"

He whirled around suddenly. "Harm. An invitation from Auradon came."

"Auradon. What do they need?" she said with a snarl.

"They want you and four other kids to go to Auradon Prep."

"Seriously. They lock us in here our entire lives and then except us to just heed their every beck and call. I can't leave the kids."

Harley stepped out of the shadows. "I know it sounds horrible and I don't want you to leave but if you get out it's possible you could get the rest of us out too."

Harmony gritted her teeth. Now they were trying to use the kids against her. "Of course I want to help them get out. But I'm not just going to leave them here."

"They won't be alone. I'll still be here. And they brave, and daring, and smart, and strong. They can take care of themselves. We'll be fine. This is our chance to give these kids the life they've always deserved."

Harmony sighed. "Fine. But as soon as I can I'm getting you out and we're leaving that place far behind."

Finally allowing herself to think Harmony remembered what else her dad had mentioned. "Who are the others? You said there were four other kids going to Auradon."

Her dad hesitated but finally relented at the fire in her eyes. "Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos."

"What!!"