𝑺𝒚𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒔

Italics are thoughts

As the sun shined at its peak, hitting his messy, blonde hair, Kaveh is yet again planning how to smack Althaitham's head after leaving the living room unattended after he finished his work. I swear I'm gonna kill his sorry butt when he gets home later. Minutes turned into hours and finally the exhausted blonde finally finished cleaning the messy living room. He sighed, and then went to the washroom to freshen up. As he was washing up, he felt his chest stiffen up as if he was unable to breath. Panicked, he hurriedly grabbed on to the sink for support. As if this wasn't enough, he started coughing, really bad that blood started to come out of his mouth. It took him about a minute to finally open his eyes, obviously due to the pain he closed his eyes, and notice the amount of Padisarah petals on his palm. You could see the panicked expression on his face when he got a hint of what was happening. Still unsure, he got up and cleaned the toilet as fast as he could and dashed out of the door.

Still shaking, he made his way into the Sanctuary of Surasthana to meet Nahida in hopes of confirming his speculations. He managed to find Nahida, along with the traveler and Paimon who seemed to be discussing something unrelevent due to the fact that they were laughing. Nahida noticed his presence and waved him over.

"Hello, Kaveh! What brings you here?" With that, the traveler and Paimon turned their heads over to meet with the panicked blonde, who was having trouble standing. Being the concerned duo they are, the traveler and Paimon rushed over to Kaveh. "Kaveh you don't look to good. Are you alright?" Lumine asked. "Not so good really... I need to speak with Nahida.. Do you mind?.." The blonde weakly answered, gasping as his chest tightens at every word he says. "Seems important" Nahida replied as she turned around to give the poor blonde a helping hand.

Finally being able to stand on both legs once more, Kaveh then took a deep breath before explaining the situation to Nahida, Paimon and Lumine. Nahida paused for a while, then thought. "Do you perhaps have a crush on someone?" Nahida asked, having a glimpse of what's happening. "Uhm.. Yea.. Alhaitham.." replied the still panicked, tall blonde. "Hmm.. Padisarah flowers.. Blood... Tightened chest.. I'm afraid it all lead to one disease.. Hanahaki.." Nahida finally said. Although he knew what he was expecting, he still couldn't grasp on the fact that he fell victim to Hanahaki.

"I-I see.." Kaveh finally muttered after what seemed for so long. "Uhh, Nahida.. What's Hanahaki? Don't leave Paimon and Lumine in the dark just like that!" Paimon whined, feeling obviously confused. "Hanahaki disease is a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear..." Nahida explained to the confused, but also concerned duo.

"Does that type of disease really exist?" questioned Lumine. "Its very rare. It only presents itself when the person's love for their interest is really strong. It's usually results to death" Nahida answered. "Oh.. Then how can Kaveh recover if it usually results to death?" Paimon asked. "I'll take my leave now.. I still need to meddle some things.." Kaveh weakly muttered. "Alright. See you soon." Nahida responded.

Kaveh weakly started to exit the Sanctuary. Nahida turned to the still confused duo and answered their remaining questions. "He should be able to be rest assured.. Alhaitham feels the same way.." Nahida said, as she turned to Kaveh, who was slowly disappeared at the distance. "EH?!! THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL HIM?!!" Paimon yelled. "Calm down Paimon. She might've had her reasons. Paimon grumbled under her breath because she knew that Nahida always have her reasons.

Bact at Kaveh, he was walking around the market, obviously weak, but still tried to cover it. He saw Tighnari, who was with Cyno, sitting together, chatting. How I wish Haitham and I could be like that.. He thought.

The sun was starting to set and he thought it would be best if he gets home before dark. He reached the doorstep and went to reach for his keys in his pocket when he realized he'd left it inside. Shit.. Haitham won't be home till 8.. It's still 6.. Guess I gotta wait.. He sat down and waited for Alhaitham and fell asleep.

It's 9:30pm when Alhaitham arrived. He saw Kaveh sleeping peacefully on the doorstep. I don't need to question him to know that he left his keys inside again.. Such an idiot.. He thought. He opened the door and carried Kaveh inside to his room. He brushed the sleeping blonde's falling hair aside and stared at him for a solid 2 minutes. Damn You Kaveh.. Why do you have to be so effortlessly cute.. He thought before leaving the sleeping blonde and went to his room.